Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Just wondering if you guys and gals were putting screen protectors on you TP's...Clear? Matte? Cheap ones? Expensive ones?

I'm thinking about getting a cheap 3 pack on ebay.

Thanks for your input!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I did, not taking any chances! I got the griffin one from walmart, seems to be pretty good and fits perfectly. Supposed to be anti-glare as well, but I haven't taken it outside yet
    Treo 680, Treo 750, Pre-, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I don't do screen protectors. The Folio case is good enough for me. I take care of my stuff. I also HATE applying the things.
    Just a case for me.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    no screen protector here.. i think it's a waste since the screen already is already heavy duty. i do use protectors on my smartphones.
    I use the Griffin one from Wally-World. It says anti-glare, but I haven't noticed a difference. What I did notice was a LOT fewer fingerprints. I was having to wipe my screen 3-4 times a day, now I do it 2-3 times per week.
    i applied the zagg one and its really far from perfect fit and cost alot of money.

but i like it alot because it really prevent alot of finger print and unbelievable protection again scratch.

i would not recomment this for the price over the cheap one you can find on ebay.

and their "bs" warranty of 15$ shipping a piece is pure scam in my opinion.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of screen protectors either. The folio case protects the screen when it's in my bag or laying around.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I hate screen protectors. I don't even use them on my iPhone, which I only have in a bumper. No issues there. I certainly won't be using one on my TP, where the screen is protected by the case when not in use.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I would suggest going to Best Buy or another vendor that has some tablets on display with protectors on. You will be surprised at how much different it feels. I'm going to keep mine naked, my finger slides across the screen beautifully with nothing covering it.
    +1 one the Griffin from Wal-Mart. Fit is excellent and I tend to eat or drink around my tablet so this is easy to clean and does reduce fingerprints.
    Really love the way the naked glass feels, so holding off on a protector for now...
    ariker01 likes this.
    I got a protector not because I was concerned about scratches but to reduce glare and minimize fingerprints. It's helped tremendously.
    I think it comes down to what you do with it. If you're mostly using it at home to surf the web while sitting on the couch I think you'll be ok without one. If you're someone who uses it while doing things (working on car, traveling, etc.) it might be a good idea to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarynrenae View Post
    I got a protector not because I was concerned about scratches but to reduce glare and minimize fingerprints. It's helped tremendously.
    This is exactly the reason why I want a screen protector. Using it indoors under artificial lighting as well as outdoors and on the beach, I get annoying glare/reflections.

Did you get a matte screen protector? And what screen protector do you recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by ******1337 View Post
    This is exactly the reason why I want a screen protector. Using it indoors under artificial lighting as well as outdoors and on the beach, I get annoying glare/reflections.

Did you get a matte screen protector? And what screen protector do you recommend?
    Yes, it is matte/anti-glare. I got a 3 pack from Amazon (for insurance against my klutziness when installing protectors, mostly). Here's the link: Amazon.com: Acase(TM) AcaseView Screen Protector Films (Anti-Glare, Anti- Fingerprint, Matte) for Hewlett Packard HP Touchpad (3 Pack): Electronics

I've been pleased with the quality so far. I've only had it on for a few days though.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarynrenae View Post
    Yes, it is matte/anti-glare. I got a 3 pack from Amazon (for insurance against my klutziness when installing protectors, mostly). Here's the link: Amazon.com: Acase(TM) AcaseView Screen Protector Films (Anti-Glare, Anti- Fingerprint, Matte) for Hewlett Packard HP Touchpad (3 Pack): Electronics

I've been pleased with the quality so far. I've only had it on for a few days though.
    Wow...the reviews look scary. Is there a cutout for the Camera and Home key? Also, is it wet or dry install and what's the difference between the two? Which one is superior? Sorry...totally new to these screen protectors. =\
    There are cutouts for the camera & home button. I'm not sure what the difference is between wet/dry install, but I didn't use any liquids or anything to adhere it to the screen so I am assuming it was a dry install. Couldn't tell you if one is superior to the other.

I looked at the reviews too and mostly they're complaining about air bubbles. Just make sure the screen is clean and free of dust when you install (i read somewhere on this forum someone installed theirs in the bathroom with the shower running, something about the steam making it easier, idk) and make liberal use of the microfiber cloth and card that comes with it to get rid of the bubbles. I did have a lot of bubbles at first, but I was able to push them all out using the cloth and card.

Packaging was good enough for me... didn't come bent or anything. Can't really find anything to complain about, myself.
    no screen protector here. I haven't noticed any fingerprints or glare. I have it in the HP case so I feel like it is protected.
    It's a little bit easier to install the ones with liquid because you have some room for error cuz you can move it around without it sticking. It's usually easier to get any bubbles out also.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast