Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Its a must have anti glare screen protector, got one on its way from boxwave for the TP, it might not be cheap ($25 plus postage) they are meat to be the best & you can hardly tell its there. brought cheap ones in the past but i hate the cheap ones as most of them are thick so you can tell you have one on plus they dont last. boxwave give lifetime free replacements (but you have to pay a $3 shipping charge) also got a charive anti glare HD for the pre 3 on the way as well
    I dislike screen protectors..the HP OEM case is enough protection
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    Its a must have anti glare screen protector, got one on its way from boxwave for the TP, it might not be cheap ($25 plus postage) they are meat to be the best & you can hardly tell its there. brought cheap ones in the past but i hate the cheap ones as most of them are thick so you can tell you have one on plus they dont last. boxwave give lifetime free replacements (but you have to pay a $3 shipping charge) also got a charive anti glare HD for the pre 3 on the way as well
    Is it the grainy matte type of film or the smoother matte type of film? The latter is less noticeable while still cutting down on glare and producing a much more smoother service for touchscreen action without the friction of glass.
    With the screen being gorilla glass I have decided on not using one. Its not like a phone that may end up in a pocket with other items that could scratch it. Unless you are throwing it in a bag without a case I see no reason for one IMHO.
    ^^^
    I don't believe the screen is Gorilla Glass as there is no mention for that in the tech specs page:

"Multi-touch glass display with a special coating for easier cleaning and abrasion resistance "

One reviewer said that the TP is more prone to fingerprints than the competition.
    Has anyone taken their TouchPad to those mall kiosks that will install the protector for you?

I was toying with having them do it so it's done right.
    Why would anyone need protector on a Gorilla Glass screen?
    When I bought my Maemo-linux powered N900, its future was doomed.
    When I bought my WebOS powered Touchpad, its future was uncertain.
    IAmA multitasking necrophile!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Valluco View Post
    Really love the way the naked glass feels, so holding off on a protector for now...
    Pinch and zoom just doesn’t feel as smooth with a screen protector.
    I have some anti-glare ones coming. I don't like how reflective the touchpad is sitting on my desk. It's like a mirror... with a lot of fingerprints.
    I put an Invisible Shield on mine, once the tiny bubbles worked themselves out, it looks great, and it's one less thing i have to worry about.
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I'm looking for a TouchPad screen protector that has an oleophobic (oil & fingerprint resistant) coating. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I've used the anti-glare ones from BoxWave on my Treos (3 of them), Pre-, Pre2, & now on my TP. I don't use them for 'protection', but for anti-glare and anti-fingerprint.
    I tried several other brands before finding these and was never satisfied with the way they installed or the way they looked. These have the grain within the material, so it feels as smooth and works as well as the bare glass, but it reduces the glare and doesn't collect fingerprints. The cutouts are exactly the right size and in the right place.
    The installation is not as easy as the wet kind (I tried one of those, but its anti-glare wasn't so good), but if you leave a few small bubbles they will disappear after a week of use anyway.
    I like the idea of installing in the steamy bathroom to keep the dust down; I'll have to try that next time (which might be a long time away, because these last the life of the device).

Sorry if I sound like an advertisement, but I really am sold on these.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12