Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    ...not bad for a "dead" device and platform eh? The TPad launched with 305 apps and now has 402 as of Friday. AND big name apps to boot. (GLU Mobile, Britannica, Fidelity Mutual, etc.

Device sales > drive app sales > drive devs

Remember the platform waited 18 months for the next device and devs built apps and the catalog grew. That there is no device ready for sales tomorrow is nothing new and we are in a better position since almost a million TPad units were sold.

There were 2 at the office, now there are 9, and after people tried it, many more are now on the hunt. Good things can only come from devices in user hands no matter *how* they got there.
    sorli likes this.
    where's plants vs zombies
    Is it hard to develop for webOS? HP should have made a development tool where it would allow easyprogramming from ios and android.
    mrjwhit likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymd7 View Post
    Is it hard to develop for webOS? HP should have made a development tool where it would allow easyprogramming from ios and android.
    HP and Palm did just that going back to webOS 1.45. WebOS has native hardware support through their PDK architecture that makes converting apps from IOS and native C code very easy.

Games are perfect example where developers like Rovio where able to convert their popular Angry Birds over to webOS in as little as one week. Anything is possible and hopefully webOS new push in tablets and the hugely popular TouchPad will help motivate developers to continue their efforts. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    HP and Palm did just that going back to webOS 1.45. WebOS has native hardware support through their PDK architecture that makes converting apps from IOS and native C code very easy.

Games are perfect example where developers like Rovio where able to convert their popular Angry Birds over to webOS in as little as one week. Anything is possible and hopefully webOS new push in tablets and the hugely popular TouchPad will help motivate developers to continue their efforts. Sorli...
    I totally believe you and are not calling you a liar, but wondering why Angry Birds Seasons HD, nor any updates to Angry Birds Seasons(normal) have happened?
    Also they do not have have the option to purchase the Mighty Eagle in normal.

Just hoping more dev jump in with 2 feet and see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymd7 View Post
    The tools are already in place for a very easy dev environment, however nobody wants to develop for an OS thats life is up in the air. Once HP makes some concrete and meaningful announcements, we can expect more devs. (assuming the announcements are positive)
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    ...not bad for a "dead" device and platform eh?
    not that great either.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarbo View Post
    where's plants vs zombies
    Please add your post on popcap's site to request it, or contact their twitter feed.
  9.    #9  
    UPDATE: App count now at 430+ and growing. Big name devs still releasing...most notable in this batch...

Lexicomp - Lexicomp on Hand
    Webster-Miriam - Dictionary

We're not done yet.
    vanzanthp likes this.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    And more importantly there's money to be made, Inglorious apps made $35k in two months. That's very successful on any platform.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    He deserves it, though! Even during the early access days in February'11, he was posting in the early access forums about how he had this great idea of an app and spent countless hours working on it. Turned out, that he was working on glimpse!

Definitely a great feeling when devs you talk to and share ideas with is rewarded for his/her efforts.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by zappcatt View Post
    I totally believe you and are not calling you a liar, but wondering why Angry Birds Seasons HD, nor any updates to Angry Birds Seasons(normal) have happened?
    Also they do not have have the option to purchase the Mighty Eagle in normal.

Just hoping more dev jump in with 2 feet and see how it goes.
    This was a decision by Rovio. Siting issues with old hardware limitations, saying they were going to still develop for the newer hardware variations. Hoping that they hop on it now with all the TouchPad's sold... haven't seen anything with them even mentioning webOS lately.

Not holding my breath especially on anything for the phones, my guess is they made a cost/benefit analysis and realized they had made the old version phone sales they were gonna make (including taking home a hefty prize in an app catalog contest). Then the new phones didn't release, the only reason I have hope they will update the HD versions is they know they just got a whole bunch of new tablet customers that they didn't have before.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    He deserves it, though! Even during the early access days in February'11, he was posting in the early access forums about how he had this great idea of an app and spent countless hours working on it. Turned out, that he was working on glimpse!

Definitely a great feeling when devs you talk to and share ideas with is rewarded for his/her efforts.
    Makes me mad I never got off my lazy .... and developed something. Not that I have any idea that would have made me near as much as his apps, but I coulda made a lil coin.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Is there a way to filter out to just TouchPad apps in the App Catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
    Is there a way to filter out to just TouchPad apps in the App Catalog?
    Type "For TouchPad" in the search field of the App Catalog, it will filter out almost all non-TouchPad optimized apps.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Type "For TouchPad" in the search field of the App Catalog, it will filter out almost all non-TouchPad optimized apps.

or type "HD"
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Where are you finding the numbers from? They decommisioned the rss feeds....

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    UPDATE: App count now at 430+ and growing. Big name devs still releasing...most notable in this batch...

Lexicomp - Lexicomp on Hand
    Webster-Miriam - Dictionary

We're not done yet.
    Why filter for touchpad? HP killed all WebOS devices, so a more truer count (IMHO) would to look at all new WebOS apps released since that dreaded day. My count is 105 new apps.

Not going to mention any names, but I remember a regular poster assuring us not ONE app would be released since HP's murderous act.

ET
    It looks like apps are getting released in a faster pace then before. If HP could come out with a plan on future devices, I bet things would really starting picking up even more.
    Yeah I noticed a few new apps I will be purchasing later today or this weekend.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast