Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    hey quick question how can i add other widgets like pandora.... i saw a video and he said something about the developer glimpse :S

!
    If you have already bought 'Glimpse', then with glimpse running, swipe down on the top-left corner. Click on 'Help' and then select 'View More Apps'. Here you will find a download link for 'Glimpse (Developer's Cut)'. It is this version of Glimpse that will allow you to add other applications to run in Glimpse. Do keep in mind, that only some apps are compatible to work inside Glimpse.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Noticed that also and took some digging to find, but the Developers Cut offers a few features that I find interesting (like running some 1.45 and 2.0 apps in a window.

Glimpse windows are not quite big enough and provided enough real estate to display most content, but it is interesting nonetheless and I've been successful with Pandora, Weather interfaces, and some minor games.

Actually, what would be real cool is if Glimpse could drop the Bottom Title Bars when they aren't being used. These selectors take up about 2cm or so of height that could be use for apps in the windows. Be honest, I haven't spoke with the developers and don't really know where they plan to go with Glimpse and external application access. Sorli...
    Pandora is an app that is region (IP address) locked and thus if it is not avaialble in your app catalog, then it is highly unlikely that ti will work anyhow.

5.    #5  
    got a vpn it will work. just asking for the app. but i see nobody wanna share. its cool...
    Unauthorized software distribution is neither permitted, nor encouraged at Precentral.

Getting the topic back on Glimpse widgets...anyone have any insight on creating widgets or what the developers plan is for Widget?

Seems they plan to sell widgets as addons and to be honest I haven't seen any widgets so far I can' live without. I almost get the feeling they are at a standstill with development and I'm hopeful they have a few tricks up their sleeve we haven't seen. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Getting the topic back on Glimpse widgets...anyone have any insight on creating widgets or what the developers plan is for Widget?

Seems they plan to sell widgets as addons and to be honest I haven't seen any widgets so far I can' live without. I almost get the feeling they are at a standstill with development and I'm hopeful they have a few tricks up their sleeve we haven't seen. Sorli...
    Since launch, I've added 3 widgets (Google Reader, Read It later and Stocks). I'm not at a standstill, I'm working very hard and yes, I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve
    What widgets would you like to see? (Please don't say email or facebook or google+)
    FYI: I'm just one guy
  9.    #9  
    pastie.org as a widget would be cool
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Since launch, I've added 3 widgets (Google Reader, Read It later and Stocks). I'm not at a standstill, I'm working very hard and yes, I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve
    What widgets would you like to see? (Please don't say email or facebook or google+)
    Thanks for the quick reply and yes I'll think about it. Too be honest, the way Glimpse works is REAL New to me and everyone else and I suspect many things like built-in interfacing to Facebook, Bookmarks, Email, Calendar, Memos, etc have already been suggested and may simply not be possible. One suggestion, auto-hide the Glimpse interface at the bottom of each window to provide more screen use. Not sure how you would do this "double-click down volume button" maybe, but I'm clueless if webOS even allows this or provides these types of functionality native.

Either way, I like what you are doing and my criticism is not an insult at all and please keep up the great work! Sorli...
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Is it possible to add "Agenda" and "Messaging" as a Widget?
    I added a couple mojo apps as widgets: convert (most comprehensive unit convert app to date as far as I seen) and the youversion bible app. The only downsides I have seen so far is first no app menu and 2nd no way to go back since apps prior to the touchpad were designed to use the back gesture. I am guessing both things could be addressed by glimpse but how easy and how much code that would take I have no idea. That plus if we can run multiple instances of glimpse so that we could have several cards with their own set of widgets running would be sweet. It would be a most interesting and great way of using the old mojo apps especially in combination with a work around to get the app menu and back gesture handled.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I'm a little lost. I purchased glimpse today, and downloaded the dev cut. When I go to add an app as a widget, it is asking for the app name and app id. How do I locate the app id?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I'm a little lost. I purchased glimpse today, and downloaded the dev cut. When I go to add an app as a widget, it is asking for the app name and app id. How do I locate the app id?
    The easiest way I know of is using the Save/Restore App

Open the Save/Restore app and click on "Installed Applications" find the app you want with the app id there.
    Thanks, dj! I don't actually have save restore but preware shows installed apps, and has it listed there too!!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    actually the best way that i have found it to go to preware and the installed apps open the app you want to try to add and scroll down -- toward the bottom the app id will be listed for all installed apps
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    I love your App and use it all of the time i cannot find a Glimpse thread started by you to post in so i am going to ask a few questions here -- hope that is ok.

I have been adding widgets to glimpse dev cut and have found a few useful ones -- my favorite is the battery monitor by stoneryno -- it is nice in the glimpse window and since it has not been updated to go full screen this is the best way i have found to view it.
    I have tried to add a few others and the bring up a second card if i try to activate them in a glimpse window. - govnah and music player remix are examples of these that are understandable since they are designed to be full screen on the touchpad

here is where it gets weird to me
    i tried to add jstop (i was trying to create a maintanence work station govnah, jstop, battery monitor etc)
    I tried to add evernote.
    these two stand out because both are still in the emu window on the touchpad and i hope to see them edited for the full screen of the touchpad sooo when i add them to glimpse the open in a new card and wala they are full screen on the touch pad.
    any idea why this is happening? any way to force these apps to stay in the little window? -- any way to allow them to open full screen with out the glimpse crutches??

i have most of the inglorious apps installed on 2 touchpads and think you are right up there with DanPLC and his apps in saturating my devices

thanks in advance for your thoughts
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Like I said in my notes, not every App is 'Glimpseable'. You will DEFINITELY experience some weird issues with some Apps. Unfortunately, the api I'm using isn't fully baked yet. I tried talking to Palm about it, but they've got bigger fish to fry. There's nothing I can do on my end. The problem(?) lies in the Apps you're trying to 'glimpsify' . The developers of those Apps have to make their Apps compatible. One thing I've noticed so far is if an App has "noWindow": true in their appInfo (geek talk), it will not work. But some apps need that.
    Truth is, this something Palm needs to implement (not just one guy)
    Anyone want to share what apps they've found to work well inside of glimpse? Personally I've found that Pandora along with the pre version of TunedIn Radio works great, along with a few weather apps. I'm still trying to figure out what else i can squeeze into glimpse.
  20. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    "Instapaper" support PLEASE...
    Follow Me On Twitter: www.twitter.com/YaBoiD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast