Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I bought an App recently. But because of the unclear instruction, I find the app does not provide the service I want. The developer also acknowledge it. I have asked if he can give me refund but no reply yet. I am wondering if there is anyway that I can get refund beyond the developer. Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by zhangjuneric View Post
    Hi, I bought an App recently. But because of the unclear instruction, I find the app does not provide the service I want. The developer also acknowledge it. I have asked if he can give me refund but no reply yet. I am wondering if there is anyway that I can get refund beyond the developer. Thanks!
    According to the "HP webOS App Catalog End-User Terms & Conditions" page found below I don't think so...

    Terms and Conditions for the Palm App Catalog | Palm USA

    under the section "Refunds"
    9. Refunds
    Prices and availability of any Applications are subject to change at any time.
    All sales of successfully downloaded Applications are final and non-refundable.
  3. #3  
    A developer could probably do it personally if he felt it justified
  4. #4  
    Click 'report a problem' to send a message to Palm if there is a problem, too.
    JD.Plourde.II likes this.
  5. satchmo82's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #5  
    I was chatting with a dev who said that he would give a refund but he has no control over it.
  6.    #6  
    thank you guys. I think I am going to try "report a problem" since the developer is still silent. A unpleasant purchase anyway
    Last edited by zhangjuneric; 09/03/2011 at 03:10 PM.
  7. #7  
    what is the app, and how much was it?

    the best recourse to to write an accurate and precise review in the catalog.
  8. #8  
    As a developer (who has had problems with apps recently - see *below) I would rather people contacted me first to inform me of, and allow me to fix the problem (if possible), rather than stick an anonymous and possibly unhelpful negative review on the App catalog.

    However, the developer probably won't refund purchasers as -
    a) They probably haven't been paid themselves yet
    b) The dev has no proof that the contact did actually purchase the app.
    c) Can't prove that the app will be deleted and money kept (ie user gets a free app).

    The best course of action is to contact the dev, explain what the problem is (or what you were expecting from the app), and see if he can fix the issues or add to the app then re-submit an update. Bearing in mind that just updating an app on the site can take a week (or more), without coding time to improve the app. Give the dev some time to react to your concerns/problems/ideas.




    * I recently received several negative reviews for B'lox! and Mined Out! on the App Catalog (some of my apps did not appear full screen, despite having done so) due to HP not correctly packaging apps properly. HP admitted this issue and it is now solved. The dev isn't always responsible for all problems (just 99% of them :P). This is a direct quote from UnwiredBen over at the HP dev forum about my problem -

    UnwiredBen
    We had to repackage a bunch of applications recently, and it looks like some PDK apps didn't get the correct metadata.json file included after the repackaging operation.
    So please consider whether any feedback you leave is just a gripe or constructive criticism and understand that the dev probably isn't deliberately trying to "rip you off."

    However, I do also think that a cooling off period (of say 15mins) should be allowed and that the app should be auto deleted if a refund is requested. But this is something for HP to sort out.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Sukiyaki and shrxwin like this.
  9. Herk_FE's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    #9  
    I was double charged by RobotekHD for an in game upgrade I reported to Palm and nothing was done. So I disputed the second charge with my CC company...
  10. twosted's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #10  
    I bought Puzzle Sphere and it won't install. I emailed the developer twice and reported a problem twice via the app catalog. No response. I can't leave feedback because the app catalog won't let you until the game installs. Waste of money, thankfully it was only $0.99.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    As a developer (who has had problems with apps recently - see *below) I would rather people contacted me first to inform me of, and allow me to fix the problem (if possible), rather than stick an anonymous and possibly unhelpful negative review on the App catalog.

    However, the developer probably won't refund purchasers as -
    a) They probably haven't been paid themselves yet
    b) The dev has no proof that the contact did actually purchase the app.
    c) Can't prove that the app will be deleted and money kept (ie user gets a free app).

    The best course of action is to contact the dev, explain what the problem is (or what you were expecting from the app), and see if he can fix the issues or add to the app then re-submit an update. Bearing in mind that just updating an app on the site can take a week (or more), without coding time to improve the app. Give the dev some time to react to your concerns/problems/ideas.




    * I recently received several negative reviews for B'lox! and Mined Out! on the App Catalog (some of my apps did not appear full screen, despite having done so) due to HP not correctly packaging apps properly. HP admitted this issue and it is now solved. The dev isn't always responsible for all problems (just 99% of them :P). This is a direct quote from UnwiredBen over at the HP dev forum about my problem -



    So please consider whether any feedback you leave is just a gripe or constructive criticism and understand that the dev probably isn't deliberately trying to "rip you off."

    However, I do also think that a cooling off period (of say 15mins) should be allowed and that the app should be auto deleted if a refund is requested. But this is something for HP to sort out.
    I agree. First, the best solution would be the app developer includes the "missing" feature in the future. Second, I would delete the app for sure if refunded. Third, right now I have no plan to leave a negative review. I am still waiting for the response from the developer. No matter what it is, I just need a Yes or No.
  12. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #12  
    You can contact HP support to do a refund I believe - it used to work back in the Palm days.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  13. shrxwin's Avatar
    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    #13  
    I bought Audubon Trees a week ago and it still hasn't installed. I've tried probably 40-50 times. Multiple restarts, removed patches, removed music so there was tons of space. I've reported via the App Catalog several times, I've posted to the Palm/HP support forums. Friday I posted a query to the developer's website that will hopefully get looked at next week. I haven't found an email for HP/Palm support, and don't have the patience to call them, but will have to eventually since it's a $9.99 app...
  14. DenDiMarco's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #14  
    I've experienced the same thing. Paid the money but the installation fails - many times - on my former TP and my newer TP.

    To advise of the problem, from the HP App catalog, I selected "Report a problem" and later "Support" . This was days ago, but still no reply.

    Anybody have another action to recommend?
  15. #15  
    They will not reply, no matter how many times you report it. Your best bet is to contact the developer on your own. What app was it? From what I read the problem happens when HP adds it to the catalog. Neither chat "support", nor phone help made a difference.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    I bought Puzzle Sphere and it won't install. I emailed the developer twice and reported a problem twice via the app catalog. No response. I can't leave feedback because the app catalog won't let you until the game installs. Waste of money, thankfully it was only $0.99.
    Hey Twosted, I think this is relevant to you and can be used to get you a refund:

    Quote Originally Posted by me101 View Post
    According to the "HP webOS App Catalog End-User Terms & Conditions" page found below I don't think so...

    Terms and Conditions for the Palm App Catalog | Palm USA

    under the section "Refunds"
    9. Refunds
    Prices and availability of any Applications are subject to change at any time.
    All sales of successfully downloaded Applications are final and non-refundable.
  17. #17  
    Hey guys, I had a similar issue. I was downloading one of the promo apps that went free with the promo code a few weeks ago and accidentally clicked on purchase app which is right next to the enter promo code button. It did not prompt for a confirm or anything and started downloading. I canceled it immediately and it never finished downloading and didn't install. I called HP and they said they said their server said i downloaded it and they couldn't do anything about it even through they could see it wasn't installed! It was $15!!! They actually told me to dispute it with my CC company since they couldn't help. CC just gave be a refund. I think it's a pretty crazy policy.
  18. #18  
    as soon you push the "purchase" button, even the download is not complete, its charge to your credit card, i tried today and stop the download(100mb+ so its take more than 5sec to dl) before it complete and my card already had a charge on it.
  19. #19  
    If an app does not work as advertised, why can't you return it for a refund?

    When I bought a new security suite for $60 from Norton, it messed up my system.
    I got a full refund from Norton within a couple of weeks. Same deal with
    Microsoft... they also allow you to return software if you're unhappy with it.

    Yes, there are people who will take advantage of this, but I suspect those people
    usually just pirate the software from "other" sources.

    If I go to a Tesco and buy a biscuit that turns out to be bad, Tesco wouldn't
    refuse a refund just beause I already took a couple of bites of the biscuit.
  20. #20  
    palm never setup a refund option so there isnt a way to refund the buyer and ensure the app isnt used. its not the devs fault its palms fault
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions