Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mattecko16
  1.    #1  
    does anyone know if new apps are even being added to the catalog?
    yes, they are
  3.    #3  
    anything noteworthy? I feel like we are doomed!
    They are being added every day it seems (at least for the last few days). While in the app store, click on categories and sort by new (at the top). You can also search "Touchpad" and it will show all tp apps. Unless I was doing something wrong, that didn't work at first. Now it does
  5.    #5  
    I'm not one to complain but I just wish some good games were there. Well known games besides angry birds, plants vs zombies!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattecko16 View Post
    anything noteworthy? I feel like we are doomed!
    If we make enough noise people will start porting their apps over (hopefully!). What kind of apps are you interested in? I am partial to puzzle type games, so that's what I have mostly. If you like sound effects try Audioscape, the farts are very realistic!
    Unless something big happens in the future for webOS either being purchased or licensed I wouldn't count on a lot of big names jumping on-board. In the meantime, there are a couple great new games - Asphalt 6 was just released.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/02/2011 at 10:53 PM.
  8.    #8  
    here's a list of games I want
    -age of zombies
    -plants vs zombies
    -fruit ninjas
    -words with friends
    -zombie farm
    -trenches
    -tiny tower
    -rage
    -cartoon wars 2!
    -Twitter
    -textnow
    bb147 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattecko16 View Post
    I'm not one to complain but I just wish some good games were there. Well known games besides angry birds, plants vs zombies!
    well, most of your comments in this thread are very subjective. a good game to you make be awful to the next guy. If there is a game you want, go to the developers website and hound them about a WebOS version. BTW - plants v zombies isn't available.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Unless something big happens in the future for webOS either being purchased or licensed I wouldn't count on a lot of big names jumping on-board. In the meantime, there are a couple great new game - Asphalt 6 was just released.
    Yup. Didn't HP say more info would be coming within 2 weeks from the awful announcement back on Aug 18th. I thought the head of WebOS, DeWitt said we'd know... however looks like most players (Samsung, HTC, etc.) want nothing to do with WebOS. If this is the case - PSG better spin off soon because I think Todd Bradely, VP of PSG and DeWitt want to keep WebOS alive. With the spinoff, my guess is WebOS hardware would make a comeback - however time is critical.

Note: The news in two weeks was not referring to the next round of gen 1 tablets. I think this even caught HP by surprise. Amazing, Cpt. Leo didn't think of the supplier impacts of pulling the plug so fast - after making them all ramp up for roughly 1 million units be years end. With each day, Leo is proving he is a special project kind of guy and I don't think that elevator reaches the top floor.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/02/2011 at 11:08 PM.
    I am also missing the quick to pick up games I can play with my son.
    On our iPhone/iPod we have:

Angry Birds
    Angry Birds Seasons(would like to get Rio also)
    Plants V Zombies
    Ghost
    Heads will roll
    Cut the Rope
    Burn the Rope
    Bounce On
    Bounce on up
    Spy Mouse
    SpongeBob
    Fruit Ninja
    Tweet Defense
    Bejeweled 2
    Smoody
    Kick Buttowski
    Leap SHeep
    Death Rally
    Plant Bloom
    Pee Monkey 2
    Chuzzle
    Mega Jump

etc. Many of them are free, but most at least have in App purchases which we have bought.

I would love to see any/all of these on a tablet since I find my fingers get in the way on the higher/touchier later levels on my phone.

I got Angry Birds HD and love it...Surprised that they don't have the inApp purchase of the Mighty Eagle.
    I tried the lite versions of the others which are the phone versions, but would love a Touchpad version.
    There is also a thread already running with members posting their favorite Top 5 games:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...pad-games.html