1.    #1  
    Why does it seem so hard to use Exhibition the way we want to? I grabbed a dozen nice wallpapers from InterfaceLift but Exhibition mode doesn't full screen them, showing the black bars. Is there even a way or perhaps some alternate/better program for it?

fwiw, I searched and tried Wallpaper Switcharoo but you can't use your own images (also very silly).

Thanks in advance!
    other than the are for the time and for switching modes, it Lois perfect to me. Are you in landscape mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    Why does it seem so hard to use Exhibition the way we want to? I grabbed a dozen nice wallpapers from InterfaceLift but Exhibition mode doesn't full screen them, showing the black bars. Is there even a way or perhaps some alternate/better program for it?

fwiw, I searched and tried Wallpaper Switcharoo but you can't use your own images (also very silly).

Thanks in advance!
    There is a bug in webOS 3.x that ignores the settings and does not properly fill the screen with an image for wallpaper or slide shows. It's been acknowledged on the developers forums already, but hasn't been fixed. At this point, no wallpaper or slideshow apps will be able to work around this bug... I emailed one of the developer, who pointed me to the developer forum. Suxs I know...

Wallpaper Switcharoo's issue has to do with the way webOS 2.x and above works. Again, some brilliant moves... Another app, sliderss, will let YouTube your own image. I think the workaround they did is to literally copy the images into another directory where the app will pull the images from. It's not an elegant solution at all, but at least it works.
    I have a couple of apps for you ... if you want a slideshow in Exhibition & wallpaper switching (with local photos), you can try Slide RSS. If you're really only interested in local photo wallpaper switching, you should use Wall Switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    There is a bug in webOS 3.x that ignores the settings and does not properly fill the screen with an image for wallpaper or slide shows. It's been acknowledged on the developers forums already, but hasn't been fixed. At this point, no wallpaper or slideshow apps will be able to work around this bug... I emailed one of the developer, who pointed me to the developer forum. Suxs I know...
    Setting Wallpaper is the item that doesn't work properly on webOS 3.x - the system simply ignores the parameters that should enlarge an image to the proper size. Slideshows on the other hand don't have that issue and can be enlarged or shrunk at will, and run beautifully in both Exhibition mode and in normal App mode.

Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Wallpaper Switcharoo's issue has to do with the way webOS 2.x and above works. Again, some brilliant moves... Another app, sliderss, will let YouTube your own image. I think the workaround they did is to literally copy the images into another directory where the app will pull the images from. It's not an elegant solution at all, but at least it works.
    That's an interesting but inaccurate description of Sliderss. For local photos, it depends upon a system service to provide the names and location of all your local photos, so there's no extra copying around of any files. For Media RSS feeds (which is what the app was originally developed for), then yes, the photos in a Media RSS feed are downloaded onto your device. In either case, any Slideshow will run with photos that are actually local to your device.
    Last edited by appsotutely; 09/02/2011 at 10:19 PM.
    Does wallpaper switching app have a Exhibition mode?

the default photo viewer in exhibition doesn't even offer "random" mode
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post

the default photo viewer in exhibition doesn't even offer "random" mode
    If you are asking about Wall Switch, then no, it only handles wallpaper switching.
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    Why does it seem so hard to use Exhibition the way we want to?
    We? You got a mouse in your pocket? ;-) Speak for yourself as all my photos cover full screen - including those from interface life.
    Last edited by Midway99; 09/02/2011 at 11:05 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    I have a couple of apps for you ... if you want a slideshow in Exhibition & wallpaper switching (with local photos), you can try Slide RSS. If you're really only interested in local photo wallpaper switching, you should use Wall Switch.
    Very helpful responses, big thanks! I'll check out Slide RSS because I would prefer it to work in exhibition mode. Sort of doing the digital picture frame approach on my desk thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    As appsotutely said, Wall Switch wont but that Switcharoo one I mentioned does actually support it and full screen. Again the catch being it's only their images (which are pretty nice though).
  10.    #10  
    Just toyed around with Slide RSS on my friend's tab and all I can say is wow. Does exactly what I wanted and a hell of a lot more apparently. Nice app you have there appsotutely, well worth it. Will buy when I get back on my own device