Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Wade Dickinson
  • 1 Post By beardedspoooon
  • 1 Post By Jonathan I Ezor#IM
  • 1 Post By DeadVim
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone esle had troubles saving documents in QuickOffice? It started either yesterday or the day before; when I try to save I get the spinning wheel and a greyed out screen that never stops.

The background is that I emailed myself each chapter of the book I'm writing and pasted them into separate documents in QuickOffice.

Is there a file size limit? I've got plenty of room on my pad.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Should I be saving them to Google, or on the pad?

Thanks, this is my first use of QuickOffice and it's why I bought the pad on day one.
    brum likes this.
    mine will not save anything or even list doc/docx files in the documents list. I have deleted and reinstalled but it still does not see them. If I search using internalz then the documents are there in the root folder and they will open if I click on them. All it lists are adobe files. I have checked default options and quick office is listed as the program to open doc and docx files but whatever I do it will not see them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Dickinson View Post
    Has anyone esle had troubles saving documents in QuickOffice? It started either yesterday or the day before; when I try to save I get the spinning wheel and a greyed out screen that never stops.

The background is that I emailed myself each chapter of the book I'm writing and pasted them into separate documents in QuickOffice.

Is there a file size limit? I've got plenty of room on my pad.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Should I be saving them to Google, or on the pad?

Thanks, this is my first use of QuickOffice and it's why I bought the pad on day one.
    Writing a book? Good luck doing that with QuickOffice. I think you'd almost be better off doing that with the email app.

There was a thread about weird problems happening around the 35k mark. I know longer documents that I've tried, QuickOffice gets kind of glitchy.
    brum likes this.
    Any way to save in DOC format instead of DOCX?
    the save problem drives me nuts, makes me not want to use Quickoffice knowing I may not be able to save my file when completed adjust gets stuck on greyed out screen
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Yes, absolutely insane. I lost 20 mins of class notes the other day.
    And no Undo?? or shortcuts? So confused.

I went ahead and bought Tapnote yesterday, and digging it. Auto syncs to dropbox, good at managing dupes, text only format..
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    The save problem seems to kick in around 34 kb for me.
    just discovered this issue today. Along with trying to use spreadsheets makes Quickoffice worthless. I guess nobody tested the saving function before sending the app.
    I noticed that when typing a document longer than one page, it does not show the page break until I close the document and reopen it.

Perhaps this bug is causing the save issue (since it hasn't happened to me since I've been cautious about closing and reopening since I noticed this)
    I wrote the review of this on the home page, and I'm currently in contact with the nice folks at QuickOfficeHD, who are committed to figuring out the issues. In the words of that other Jon, "stay tuned." {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Yeah I lost a bunch of notes last Sunday too. I think I posted that in one of the QuickOffice threads. It started getting all wonky when I was using the bulleted list feature, then it wouldn't save and I lost all but the first couple of lines (my previous save point)
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I e-mailed QuickOffice through their support site, last friday, and still haven't received a response to this issue.

Pretty upset that I lost notes I took at a client meeting.

I've since switched to Tapnote, until this is fixed.

Pretty upset.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    They also responded to my support inquiry (although it took a few days), requesting a sample file with the issue. Sent it, hopefully they will figure it out.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    How do you send a file with the issue, when it didn't save the files?
    Visit My Blog

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Seems like QO is still only good for viewing for now.

Word Docs are no good but I've had good success with Excel docs, albeit with limited options.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Curious if anyone knows.. Why doesn't QO cache your dropbox or box.net directory listings? Kind of a pita that it has to reload each time, no? I see a bunch of stuff in the cache directories, but it's apparently not this.

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    In my experience they missed the 'AndNasty' from the middle of the name.
    decalex likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    I wrote the review of this on the home page, and I'm currently in contact with the nice folks at QuickOfficeHD, who are committed to figuring out the issues. In the words of that other Jon, "stay tuned." {Jonathan}
    Perhaps we can ask QOHD to give us a preference/option to turn OFF Virtual Keyboard whilst scrolling editable Docs too?

It is all too keen to pop up for play at the slightest 'mis-swipe'!

Infuriating!

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CYaris View Post
    How do you send a file with the issue, when it didn't save the files?
    At least in my case, I was able to save with no problems until the file reached a certain size. Then I couldn't save, but it did not delete the previously-saved file.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I never know how large that file will be so I find myself saving the file after every line of text, and praying that it works.

Not really worthwhile, if you ask me.
    Visit My Blog