1.    #1  
    How do i get a word doc from either my mac or pc to go to the touchpad and then work on it in quickoffice hd and then whats the best way to get The doc back on a mac and pc? And just how extensive is the editing? Also, is quickoffice free? Do you need the first version before you can get the uograde?
    No idea (yet) about QuickOffice specifically - if I want to get something on my TP - I just email it to myself.
    use your box.net account to transfer between the MAC and TP.
    I can tackle some of those questions... you can email the document to and from yourself (or I imagine using the box program if you have that installed). Limited editing capability (but hey, better than no editing, correct?). QuickOffice is a free, but you will need the latest update, and that may require you having the latest webOS update.

Folks here who are smarter and more experienced will correct or provide better directions I am sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    use your box.net account to transfer between the MAC and TP.
    If only Box.net had an actual Mac client. Sigh. For some reason I can't get Dropbox to work on the TP either.
    I mapped my box.net account as a drive on my network. I just drag my files or copy them to that folder on my computer and they magically appear on my Touchpad. I don't know if there is a way to do that on a MAC. Follow this link to see if you can get it to work. Mount a Box.net account on a Mac | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    I mapped my box.net account as a drive on my network. I just drag my files or copy them to that folder on my computer and they magically appear on my Touchpad. I don't know if there is a way to do that on a MAC. Follow this link to see if you can get it to work. Mount a Box.net account on a Mac | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
    Ah, that works. I didn't realize that box.net supported WebDAV. Still it would be nice to have a proper client like Dropbox. I much prefer the way Dropbox works (local copies, synced with conflict resolution) to a remotely mounted networked drive, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    And just how extensive is the editing? Also, is quickoffice free? Do you need the first version before you can get the uograde?
    I just typed a paper for my son last night using my TP and QuickOffice. It worked quite well and did save the file in a Word format. I had lots of options for fonts, sizes, colors, etc. It did not autoformat that well though. It didn't add the indention at the beginning of a paragraph and when I tried to add it by using the tab key, nothing happened. I had to manually enter spaces to get the indents. Overall it was a good experience and worked well with my BT keyboard.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    You can also add the desired document to your google docs and then access them in quickoffice HD
    if you're using windows, just set up synctoys to sync your files between designated folders on your computer and your touchpad.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    You can also transfer the files over via USB, treat it like an external drive from your PC. Personally I would make a folder for the docs so you can find them, but QuickOffice will identify them wherever you put them.