Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi
    I can play google music in browser.
    Does anyone have an APP that can play google music in touchpad.

I dont want to open a full browser just to play google music

Thanks
    Nike
    not to be a downer but google related apps on webos have had almost no update, example youtube, since they were launched two years ago. Oh short of the third party google talk. But i doubt you'll ever see anything official in an app form. I'd think your best bet is to hope they release a apis and some good samaritan makes an app.

side note i wish google music had that matching service because it is taking ridiculously long to upload music. at the rate i'm going it will take one month. It's kinda ridiculous.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    not to be a downer but google related apps on webos have had almost no update, example youtube, since they were launched two years ago. Oh short of the third party google talk. But i doubt you'll ever see anything official in an app form. I'd think your best bet is to hope they release a apis and some good samaritan makes an app.

side note i wish google music had that matching service because it is taking ridiculously long to upload music. at the rate i'm going it will take one month. It's kinda ridiculous.
    Yeah, its odd. Its taking forever, but its also going fast enough to slow my WiFi for other computers. No compression?

anyways, google music through the browser works great for me. The YouTube app not so much though. I hope a real app gets made sometime soon.
    well i hoped for two year someone would at least add account access to youtube app. Never happened. the app launched with the phone. and google maps on webos is not great. Neither Palm, Hp, or google ever seemed to be interested in updating these apps. So good luck. I hope you get what you want.

Every time i turn this thing on to upload i keep thinking it's a total waste of time as i'm switching platforms anyways soon and i'll likely try out audiogalaxy and subsonic and i'll just stream from my home anyways. No webos apps for them either sadly.
    Well, it's not a standalone app, but you can add a shortcut to Google Music to the launcher, so you can just tap to launch it like any other app. To do so, open Google Music in the browser, then click the first icon to the right of the address bar (it looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it). In the popup menu that pops up, click 'Add to Launcher'. A popup window will appear just like when you tap the 'i' next to a bookmark, where you can change the shortcut name or URL if you desire. Click the 'Add to Launcher' button to finish adding it to the launcher. This will also work with Amazon Cloud Player and probably other web apps, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Executor View Post
    Well, it's not a standalone app, but you can add a shortcut to Google Music to the launcher, so you can just tap to launch it like any other app. To do so, open Google Music in the browser, then click the first icon to the right of the address bar (it looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it). In the popup menu that pops up, click 'Add to Launcher'. A popup window will appear just like when you tap the 'i' next to a bookmark, where you can change the shortcut name or URL if you desire. Click the 'Add to Launcher' button to finish adding it to the launcher. This will also work with Amazon Cloud Player and probably other web apps, too.
    In Advanced Browser an option is there to also add username and password.
    Does this work on sign in pages like google?

I tried to add it to a gmail 'launcher' and it didn't fill in those boxes.

How does that work?
    there is a google music app in the app catalog, but it is just basically a shortcut to the website that hides the notification bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyfingers View Post
    there is a google music app in the app catalog, but it is just basically a shortcut to the website that hides the notification bar.
    i don't really consider those apps personally. Plus the need to constantly enter log in info when using a browser instead of an app bugs me. Like i like that if i use drop box i hit the icon and i'm instantly into the my account. Same with facebook (well when the app is working) as opposed to having to long in each time through the browser. And google log in suck since they started tieing everything together. Man i can't log into email without logging out of my youtube. that's just me. i hate that. With a tablet i'm sure it's less of an issue but on a phone oh it bugs me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    i don't really consider those apps personally. Plus the need to constantly enter log in info when using a browser instead of an app bugs me. Like i like that if i use drop box i hit the icon and i'm instantly into the my account. Same with facebook (well when the app is working) as opposed to having to long in each time through the browser. And google log in suck since they started tieing everything together. Man i can't log into email without logging out of my youtube. that's just me. i hate that. With a tablet i'm sure it's less of an issue but on a phone oh it bugs me.
    not sure about you but I have a shortcut on my favorites tab that takes me directly to google music. No login required. I never have to log in. Just click remember me.
    I don't really use Google Music much myself, anyway. I haven't gotten around to uploading any music to it, so all I have is the free stuff. Having an Android phone, I get most of my music through Amazon MP3 anyway, so I use Amazon Cloud Player much more often. It looks really nice on the touchpad, too, reminds me a lot of the native Music app.
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    not sure about you but I have a shortcut on my favorites tab that takes me directly to google music. No login required. I never have to log in. Just click remember me.
    i don't have a tablet. i have a pre. So google music doesn't work. but you must only use one google account. i have many so it logs you out whenever switch accounts or log out and close the browser. But i just don't use google music anyways. it's truly a pain in the *** uploading music. at the rate i'm going i got about 18 more days to get it all uploaded assuming i even try and i got 24/7 which i won't. Also not having an app means it's not how i'd like to use it on a phone. i'm not that fond of browsing on phone's tiny screens that arent' finger friendly. I'm gonna switch to the iphone and they have a subsonic and audiogalaxy app so i anticipate using that in a month or so instead of google music anyway.. i'm only actually uploading to google music because i think sooner or later, one, someone may make an app for an iphone, and two, the time will come when 22k songs won't be free. I figure if i get them uploaded then i may get in before they charge. As i read somewhere else in a comparison between icloud and google music. The guy said if they are going to offere 22k songs free forever the game is over google wins as there's no reason to pay for icloud as most people don't need more the 22k songs. So i'm guessing at some point they'll start charging so i'm gonna let the upload go when i'm not using the computer.
    I've had better luck with the amazon web player than google music. That said, I have a couple invites for Google music is anyone wants one. PM me.
    Am I the only one who finds the Google Music interface on the browser a bit sluggish? It always seems to lag a little... My Touchpad is tweaked with most performance tweaks through preware, still not really smooth.

I wish there was a decent solution to play my music from Google Music on the Touchpad.
    it looks like google just released a webapp for ios. If someone could find that url it might be better than the full desktop page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphajoe View Post
    Am I the only one who finds the Google Music interface on the browser a bit sluggish? It always seems to lag a little... My Touchpad is tweaked with most performance tweaks through preware, still not really smooth.

I wish there was a decent solution to play my music from Google Music on the Touchpad.
    yes, its unusable for me
    Quote Originally Posted by bodah View Post
    it looks like google just released a webapp for ios. If someone could find that url it might be better than the full desktop page.
    Was trying to find the raw id based url as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodah View Post
    i haven't seen a separate link in any post on it. i think it's tied to the safari browser. so when you log onto google music it sends you to it. but it doesn't work on my pre. but ive seen comments on other blogs where the people in the comments seemed to be able to just long on to it. i think it's cause they are all on iphones or ipads.
    Just got my invite less than an hour ago. Set up Google Music Beta on my TouchPad. It works fine. The entries on the playlist and the overall UI is kind of small. Would love to see a larger font and larger buttons, but overall the experience is good. I have not added any of my music yet. Listened to some of the free music which is pretty darn good.
    iOS and Honeycomb have a special web app for Google Music.

I wonder if there's any way we can get Google Music to show us that instead of the full laggy site.
    Last edited by TheLastOne; 09/08/2011 at 09:49 PM.
    wasn't there a browser spoof that used to make pres appear as an iphone? what happened to that?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast