Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Yeah, a new one to make our Touchpads appear as Honeycomb Android tablets would be really amazing (better than ipads so we get flash pages instead of getting auto-dumbed down).
    In order to see the new non-Flash iPad version of the Google Music app, we just need to change the user agent of the browser. (the little text string of information that tells sites which browser you have).

Google is serving up different versions of the Music Beta depending on that string.

(edit) Someone has done this, but it will change the user agent globally, for all sites. This is bad. This could create problems accessing content from HP. If a substantial number of TouchPad users were to change the user agent, the platform would disappear off the radar of web sites.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...fectly-38.html

Perhaps HP could nicely ask Google to serve the iPad version to the Touchpad user agent? No, that would make too much sense for both companies.
    Last edited by Toasters; 09/09/2011 at 12:45 AM.
    thanks

update: yeah too much effort for me. i'm gonna pass. when i saw the words linux and root saw the pages they linked too i bailed. I'm not really the hack my phone type. If i can't install it with quickinstall or preware i'm pretty much not gonna do it. too bad.
    Last edited by SnotBoogie; 09/09/2011 at 01:28 AM.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Maybe this is worth to follow up: Twitter

"Made some web app wrappers (google music, Evernote, roboform + lloydstsb) for touchpad. Should hit preware some time this week."
    sorli likes this.
    Thanks for the hint, though Nelsun Apps told me on twitter that the wrapper would basically be what is already available through the catalog - just a fullscreen version of the website.

But he said as well that he'll maybe look into getting the iPad version to run in the future.
    i just tested the web app at best buy. can't say i was that impressed. it was pretty slow and laggy. i have 7000 songs in my google at the moment and it seemed to be very sluggish. could have been my connection. it was verizon and not wifi. looked ok. a native app would probably be much better.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    This has been my experience with Google Music:

Google Music through the browser worked great when I had about 50 songs uploaded.

Now that I have over 1,000 uploaded, it is pretty useless. It lags hardcore. I can't scroll through my song library. Resizing the page is delayed. It takes forever to register my actions such as selecting a song. Animations, such as the little EQ icon next to the song that's playing locks up. These were not issues when I only had about 50 songs on there.

I only have about 50 songs on Amazon Cloud Player so I can't say how well it works with a larger library through the webOS browser. I haven't uploaded more to Amazon since I can't edit tags.
    I too have found Google Music to be so laggy as to be unusable. I guess I will either have to load my music library onto the TP or be content using Pandora (which I like a lot anyway).
    Ah, if only we could find the real URL for the tablet optimized version of Google Music for the iPad.... There has to be a way to do this... Perhaps if we can edit a shortcut files to load the iPad user-agent if that's possible... That way we wouldn't see the problems users are experiencing when changing the browser user-agent in general.... Ideas? Suggestions? Let's make this happen and have a better google music solution. That's all my TP is missing
    Quote Originally Posted by dougieshizzle View Post
    Ah, if only we could find the real URL for the tablet optimized version of Google Music for the iPad.... There has to be a way to do this... Perhaps if we can edit a shortcut files to load the iPad user-agent if that's possible... That way we wouldn't see the problems users are experiencing when changing the browser user-agent in general.... Ideas? Suggestions? Let's make this happen and have a better google music solution. That's all my TP is missing
    This worked for the iPad Gmail web app but when I tried it with Google Music it just redirects to to regular web app.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvintoro View Post
    This worked for the iPad Gmail web app but when I tried it with Google Music it just redirects to to regular web app.
    I know it sucks!!!! All I want is that damn iPad interface to run on the iPad lol. Chances or a native app are slim. Our only hope is an optimized webapp.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12