Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pavvento
  • 1 Post By webosrocs
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I am new to the Touchpad and have looked around for a way or feature to check emails automatically, like every 5 minutes or so? Can the Touchpad do that? I read about Dashboard Notifications but I don't know where it is or how to activate it. Is it an app I have to buy?

Thanks! Looking forward to maximize my Touchpad's potential.
    In your email settings (preferences) you can select how often the TP checks for email. I have mine set to 'push' which means it will be delivered to my TP as soon as it is received, as opposed to waiting for it to be checked.
    mk.ultra likes this.
    Agreed with pavvento, as far as dashboard notifications, they pop up when you receive an e-mail. Depending on how your e-mail is setup (gmail for example), if you have filters bypassing your inbox, these won't show up until you manually check the box they go to.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    Thank you, pavvento! I didn't realize the email account name in preferences was clickable.
    mk.ultra likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by webosrocs View Post
    Thank you, pavvento! I didn't realize the email account name in preferences was clickable.
    Nice, I didn't notice that either.
    doesn't that chew up batteries? I made mine check less often to gain back bit more battery time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrusuelas View Post
    doesn't that chew up batteries? I made mine check less often to gain back bit more battery time.
    I haven't had any problems with battery. I have my Veer also set to push for my Gmail (IMAP) and work exchange and I get by ok. If you don't receive a ton of emails you can set it to an interval if battery is a concern. I use my TP roughly 2 hours a day and go 3-4 days without charging.
    is it possible to sort by conversations like gmail?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    is it possible to sort by conversations like gmail?
    You have to go to the browser for that.