Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By sowazit2you
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys I figured out a work around for this if you want for those of us who use gmail or whatever as a email provider.

1. First go to mail.com and sign up for a new email address, in the box next to the username you will see a drop down box that allows you to change the @xxx.xxx portion or your new email address. I chose instructor.net and it works, so I suggest that you choose the same.
    2. Now with your new email xxxx@instructor.net in hand log into your box.net account (not from the app, not sure if it will work) Go to My Account, then Account Settings.
    3. Under login information change your email address to xxxx@instructor.net, enter your password, and hit save.
    4. Go back to your xxxx@instructor.net inbox and verify the change of email address.
    5. Now log out of your xxxx@instructor.net account and go https://www.box.net/vpromo/invite
    6. You will now see that you can send invites to other people with an xxxx@instructor.net account, so go make a few more xxxx@instructor.com accounts and enter them into the invite boxes (I got kicked from making them after only a few on my computer so I switched to my cell phone and made a few more)
    7. After you send out the invites log into all your new xxxx@instructor.net accounts and follow the instructions for signing up for a new free 50GB account.
    8. Change you email address back on your original box.net account and any of the new accounts that you made for friends/family/yourself/whoever.
    That seems nice ... i don't have a touchpad but ... could someone send me an invite to get the 50GB account? :-D
    PS. A friend bought a touchpad but the @instructor.net doesn't work. Any other kind of email that will work?

EDIT: if you also have my proble try using the @mail.com suffix. It works for me.
    Last edited by Trovatore; 11/27/2011 at 02:35 PM.