1.    #1  
    I've completed setup, got preware installed, an searched both preware and the app catalog for the apps that weren't installed as a result of setting up my profile. The results are as follows and my questions below that.

These apps are missing from both preware and the app catalog. I searched both because I couldn't remember which had them.

Notes (Inglorious Apps)
    Feeds
    Scoop
    Slacker Radio
    Flixter
    On Sale
    The Best Dictionary
    BFG Maps
    YPmobile
    Geocaching for webOS beta
    Visualboy Advance
    Fuzzies
    Lopan (Mahjongg)
    Chess.com

I tried scoop and feeds back in the day (lol that the phrase applies) both other than looks were feature identical and both disapointing google reader clients since they left out basic features the key one being the choice to sort oldest first instead of newest first. Is there a quality google reader client for the touchpad that isn't missing that ability?

I installed Govnah and it's icon is missing from teh launcher. I didn't install the custom kernel yet as I want to figure out if I want it. But figured I'd install Govnah just to take a look and see what it looks like on the touchpad. Anyone know why the icon is missing?

And my last question, are there quality alternatives to these missing apps? Or are they missing because the devs need to do something so they show up in the app catalog? I know slacker, flixter, YPmobile, dictionary, chess.com are front ends to web sites that could be accessed instead of using an app is that what most are doing for those?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Some apps weren't supported beyond 1.4.5. Or some were pulled from the catalog. It it is still available and 2.0 compatible it will download but may not be full screen. I have several that didn't go over including digibar. I miss mezzoman if a dev did a separate version for touchpad, some are offering promo codes, some you have to rebuy.
  3.    #3  
    Do you know who is offering promo codes? I can list my apps if need be. I was shocked that apps from developer partners didn't get updated. And some I wasn't counting on since they have been abandoned quite some time ago. I think about half of them have been but then I figure they are still in the 1.4.5.x app catalog so all they need is to be changed to show in the others unless the app breaks on 2.x and 3.x.

Notes I thought was strange because I thought Inglorious Apps made a touch pad version of it. And Fuzzies was a lot of fun, a lemmings style PDK game. Visualboy Advance is by the same developer that made the SNES emulator that you can download on the touchpad and I presume 2.x devices. The rest are all replaceable by their web pages or by a similar app.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Sorry, I don't have a list. If they have a section in the forum the may have mentioned it in a thread, but even some who were offering codes initially are no longer offering codes now that the touchpad is more established. Good luck!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  5.    #5  
    No biggie I'll try and contact the developers. It would mainly be PDK games that have been updated for the touchpad. Though I'm not sure how different that is from running the previous one since it expands to full screen.
  6.    #6  
    Oh I had just realized one if so inclined can take an app from their webOS smartphone and package it to install on the touchpad for those few apps that are for whatever reasons not showing up in the app catalog on the touchpad even though they will run in mojo mode on it. For example I did this with slacker radio which is still present in the app catalog on 1.4.5.x and I presume 2.x. Keeping in mind that you only do this from your own device to your own device and not redistributing it as that would be a violation of copyright. And also there would be no support for or related to the app one transferred to the touchpad in this way. And then one could modify the one file with a line of code (assuming that still works) to make it expand to full screen. Some apps will look strange but may preferable to seeing them in the mojo mode.
    Is there a way to:

A - download the slacker radio app from the older version of the app catalog or

B - download the app to my desktop and move it to my touchpad ?
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidaddy112 View Post
    Is there a way to:

A - download the slacker radio app from the older version of the app catalog or

B - download the app to my desktop and move it to my touchpad ?
    There is a thread about slacker on the TouchPad. It has a link explaining how to copy apps from your phone to the TouchPad. I plan on trying this tomorrow and can post back.