Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bb147 View Post
    I also like the ability to select your controls, so i dont have to use the accelerometer!
    Hey, that's nice. I haven't really enjoyed the few accelerometer-based games I have so this could work.

I was thinking of trying it anyway since it's half the price of NFS but that could be the cincher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
    Hey, that's nice. I haven't really enjoyed the few accelerometer-based games I have so this could work.

I was thinking of trying it anyway since it's half the price of NFS but that could be the cincher.

The controls are great not using the accelerometer, it is very playable and doesn't feel clunky like most games to control. You won't regret it.
  3.    #23  
    Just got to play it today. Yesterday was hectic! It .. is ... awesome! The game play is very smooth. The graphics are excellent! It puts Need for Speed (which I bought on the first day) to shame! I darn near killed my battery playing it this morning (along with Aftermath XHD). Well worth the $5 download.
    NFS is good but first impressions show Asphalt 6 to be much smoother providing a better racing experience.
    bckrupps likes this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Bought it, and after an hour of playing I feel so sick.....
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Is this game Enyo/Pre 3 compatible?

Or is this a Mojo game?
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldReporter View Post
    Is this game Enyo/Pre 3 compatible?

Or is this a Mojo game?
    Either way I believe it is only available on TouchPad at this time
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Ok, I sprung for this and, despite its long install time (I was grousing about how slow my TP was tonight until I saw the "Installed" message pop up... Ohhhhh...) it really is a bunch of fun and the best realistic looking game I've seen on the Touchpad yet.

There's four different control modes to choose from so you have two modes that use the accelerometer and two modes that use on screen gestures to steer. I prefer "Mode C" which puts a little steering wheel on my left side for one-finger steering and a brake pedal on the right. Acceleration is automatic for me but you can change that as well -- I figured I'd start out with the least amount of things to worry about as possible. Controls were smooth; so much so that I oversteered a bit but you can change the sensitivity and I also probably just need practice. The game itself was simple to figure out and is your standard racer with short cuts and boosts and all that jazz.

Definitely worth the five bucks and I'd consider it a must have for anyone with even a slight interest in this style of game.
    Not a fan of driving games....but if it will help bring more games to the platform and is well done, I will get it...
    I'm thinking about picking up asphalt 6 but I'm a little skeptical. I like my racing games more on the simulation side and a bunch of customization. Good choice or no?
    I have to say that this is a very well made game with much customization, upgrades, cars, and unlockables. You have a virtual garage which you actually can walk around!

Amazing...
    "Muahahahahahaha....niiice >;D"

Quote Originally Posted by redraptor View Post
    I'm thinking about picking up asphalt 6 but I'm a little skeptical. I like my racing games more on the simulation side and a bunch of customization. Good choice or no?
    This is probably the farthest from a sim racer. There are powerups, drifting charges up your speedboost, and there are cars going the opposite direction on the track that you have to avoid. There's some customization but it's mostly just straight upgrading your car. It's a really fun arcade style racer, if you want a sim racer you should look elsewhere.
    DeadVim likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by redraptor View Post
    I feel you, I am a Forza/GT guy at heart, but for mobile gaming I find everything to be a lil more arcade style, which I am fine with since it makes a better pickup and play than the simulation games.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Pretty great IMO. I think $4.99 is the limit for me as far as mobile games go (aside from DS or something).

For the controls with tap steering, I wish they had also mirrored the boost button.
    great game, take forever to install after downloading.. but definitely worth 4.99!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I compared the touchpad version against the iPad2 version. Both run butter smooth, but iPad2 version has reflections of surroundings on cars, touchpad version not :-( Maybe because of bad porting the game from iOS?
    Android 3.0 version is a joke, it runs at some low resolution and still manages to run slower than iPad2/Touchpad.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    It's because the GPU in the iPad 2 is a fair bit more powerful than that in the Touchpad. It's as simple as that.

I'm quite enjoying the game. It's a nice little bit of fun, and very much worth the 3!

What I'm wondering is if there's an official channel with detailed info about this game? I know it was a bit silly of me to assume, but I thought that Asphalt 6 had multiplayer. Going back to the TP store's listing, the MP has no mention at all.

Even so, it's a bit disconcerting not to be able to find a single page on Gameloft's website about the Touchpad...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbob View Post
    It's because the GPU in the iPad 2 is a fair bit more powerful than that in the Touchpad. It's as simple as that.

I'm quite enjoying the game. It's a nice little bit of fun, and very much worth the 3!

What I'm wondering is if there's an official channel with detailed info about this game? I know it was a bit silly of me to assume, but I thought that Asphalt 6 had multiplayer. Going back to the TP store's listing, the MP has no mention at all.

Even so, it's a bit disconcerting not to be able to find a single page on Gameloft's website about the Touchpad...
    I'm fairly certain that the touchpad has a faster gpu on paper but has terrible use of gpu acceleration thanks to webOS being under-developed. I don't think it's a hardware limitation.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Nah, it's not a match for the dual core SGX543MP2 that's in the iPad 2.
    The best I can do with a head to head comparison is the GLBenchmark tests. Sadly, that's not out on WebOS, but the HTC Sensation uses a similar chipset to the Touchpad, with the Adreno 220 in it. Here's those results.

Whilst the iPad 2 gets this. It also sits very pretty at the very top of the tables in general, really.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast