1.    #1  
    If I own 2 Touchpads on same WebOS acct, do I just have to buy the app once?

Or do I have to pay for the same app twice?(for each Touchpad)

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Yes as along as you use the same HP profile on both devices. That's at least how it works for ours.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Yes as along as you use the same HP profile on both devices. That's at least how it works for ours.
    What's a HP profile? I logged into my WebOS acct and both of
    my Touchpads are listed under devices.... is this sufficient?

Thanks!
    Doesn't the profile auto boot you as soon as it sees the other touchpad connect to the internet? I knew someone that had two Palm Pre using the same profile and their phones would keep wiping each others info since the profile would keep signing out of one Pre and into the other and vice versa.
    Yes, it will work on all of them. I have 3 Touchpads on the same account and I can update the apps on all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    Doesn't the profile auto boot you as soon as it sees the other touchpad connect to the internet? I knew someone that had two Palm Pre using the same profile and their phones would keep wiping each others info since the profile would keep signing out of one Pre and into the other and vice versa.
    Currently (and seemingly going forward) the HP/Palm Profile works differently with the TP than it does any of the phones.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    it will be interesting to see what you get after doctoring one of them.

is it backing up/restoring individual devices, or the last one that backed up overwriting the others and becomes the one it restores from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

is it backing up/restoring individual devices, or the last one that backed up overwriting the others and becomes the one it restores from?
    If you give the device a different name it shows 2 different devices in your Palm profile. Personally I also chose not to import a current profile setup, when it asks you what device from your profile you want to import from (I can't remember the exact language).

I don't actually back anything up to the Palm Profile (at least anything that is important), everything is to google and other services. When I switched from the Pre to the Veer I exported all the info that was initially transferred to the Palm Profile from my Centro by Sprint. With all the problems folks have had with Palm Profile restoring I wasn't going to trust it with my contacts, calendar, etc.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    what if i have a pre3, a veer and a touchpad?

can i use the same profile for all 3?

Chris
    The problem I am having is that if i put a new contact into my phone on my palm profile and then sync the account the cloud, I never see that contact added to the Touchpad that is added to the same Palm profile. Is this normal? Shouldn't they sync? And if I download an app on my phone, should it also download for the pad, as this app is bought by my same profile - just like it downloaded them all when i signed into the profile for the first time?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post

Chris
    If you want to sync calendar and contacts, google or another service will work, but you will have to have different profiles on the phones, but you can use either profile with the TouchPad. When you login to a profile on one phone that is logged into another phone, it will send you a message that this profile is already being used and will disconnect the profile if you continue.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    The problem I am having is that if i put a new contact into my phone on my palm profile and then sync the account the cloud, I never see that contact added to the Touchpad that is added to the same Palm profile. Is this normal? Shouldn't they sync? And if I download an app on my phone, should it also download for the pad, as this app is bought by my same profile - just like it downloaded them all when i signed into the profile for the first time?
    The apps have to be manually downloaded, but will be free. Also they have to be compatible for both devices (buying an HD version of an app doesn't give you the non-HD version).

From what I can remember the Palm profile is a "one time sync" as far as the contacts are concerned. Since I don't use my Palm Profile for contact, I couldn't confirm how things work going forward. I can tell you google contacts and calendar do actively sync between multiple devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post

Chris
    i used the same profile i originally made on my touchpad for my pre3, works fine, even started to auto download all the pre3 compatable apps id purchaced from the app store.

no bad issues so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

It restores individually. I have 2 TouchPads and have doctored the first one twice now (since having the two on the same profile) and haven't seen any ill-sided effects. Not saying it can't/won't happen, but so far, either I've been lucky or it saves profile info by serial number of the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    It restores individually. I have 2 TouchPads and have doctored the first one twice now (since having the two on the same profile) and haven't seen any ill-sided effects. Not saying it can't/won't happen, but so far, either I've been lucky or it saves profile info by serial number of the device.
    I know this is an old thread, sorry.

Recently I got a couple of touchpads for my family. My dad wants to share the palm profile with my moms touchpad. When sharing a profile on multiple touchpads does it make you have the same email/calendar accounts or can they be different per device??
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post

Recently I got a couple of touchpads for my family. My dad wants to share the palm profile with my moms touchpad. When sharing a profile on multiple touchpads does it make you have the same email/calendar accounts or can they be different per device??
    I haven't done this yet, but it looks like you can

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...s-account.html

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3154751
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post

The accounts can be different per device, the profile technically is only associated to apps.... if you are using non Palm/HP backups for contacts/calendar/etc