1.    #1  
    Does any of the players available for the TP play subtitles? In any format (srt,sub,txt)...?
    they have to be already embedded in the video file when it is rendered to a compatible file.

it's usually an option in the ripping or encoding software you use.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the info.. I know it can be done this way.. I was just curious if I can play it the same way as on my PC. without re encoding...
  4. ilm
    I believe I read that this was the next feature Kalemsoft intended to work on, once they've ironed out HD playback - but don't quote me on that, can't find the source anymore.
    I would also like to know this, as I generally watch movies/TV shows on the train, and it can be a bit too noisy to hear, even with headphones. So being able to use subtitles without re-coding would be great.
    +1 waiting for external subtitles support.
    Any progress here?
    KalemSoft Media Player now supports subtitles in its current version available directly from their site. Check out their thread to get the specific info about what subtitle formats are supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Any progress here?
    touchplayer as of ver 1.0.4, supports subtitles. I've been using it with no problems.
    Kalemsoft V0.50 BETA works with external .srt and embedded ogm/mkv's.

Get it here and check out this thread for the file and discussion:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...uchpad-47.html

You'll need preware installed on your TouchPad via WebOS Quickinstall to install it.

Please note it is a BETA at the moment, so it does have some weird quirks but it's definately the best available so far and a good program!