Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By kettlecorn
  • 1 Post By frankos72
  1.    #1  
    https://www.facebook.com/Splashtop?sk=wall

Not sure if that link will work but Splashtop has announced they are currently making it for webOS. This could bridge some of the gaps that exist from an underdeveloped app marketplace and no remote desktop.
    Dis and IICODECll like this.
    Oh man this is awesome
  3. rlb
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    How does this compare to Orb?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlb View Post
    How does this compare to Orb?
    Orb is more a media server right? Splashtop is probably the smoothest remote desktop software I've ever used. If you look up videos for Splashtop on android you can see people playing computer games remotely on their tablets. Probably won't be able to do that on Touchpad due to no mouse support, however I'm sure you can imagine some other possibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    Orb is more a media server right? Splashtop is probably the smoothest remote desktop software I've ever used. If you look up videos for Splashtop on android you can see people playing computer games remotely on their tablets. Probably won't be able to do that on Touchpad due to no mouse support, however I'm sure you can imagine some other possibilities.
    Splashtop does not require mouse support. Been using it for a while on the iPad without issue. Hope it is ported over to the TP.
    and here is the link to be notified when it is released... YAY!

Splashtop - You asked for it! We listened!
    Dis likes this.
  7. rlb
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    So is there anything Orb can do that Splashtop can't? Is Splashtop like Logmein and TeamViewer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
    Splashtop does not require mouse support. Been using it for a while on the iPad without issue. Hope it is ported over to the TP.
    Yeah I never meant to imply that it does. With no mouse support on the Touchpad however, playing PC games might be difficult (think First Person Shooter).
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    That is awesome!!! It gives us hope that other apps will be ported.
    this is great news. remote desktop is top of my NEED list after document editing.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    this is great news. remote desktop is top of my NEED list after document editing.
    You know that there is document editing now as well right?

With a remote desktop app like splashtop, this covers a lot of my needs. Books, movies, windows programs...
    Had Splashtop in my Ipad before I switched to the touchpad, its great seeing splashtop finally getting to it! Splashtop is really nice as it actually mutes the remote PC and play all sound on the tablet. There are advanced gestures for some tasks, full rightclick support for Windows, multi-display support etc. It will be a great addition to the app store!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    You know that there is document editing now as well right?

With a remote desktop app like splashtop, this covers a lot of my needs. Books, movies, windows programs...
    And you also know that you can have RDP right now, if you use Ubuntu on a card? Setup has just become a lot easier.

Still, a WebOS app would be a great option to have. I wonder if Splashtop provides the option to use a full on-screen keyboard when connected to the remote machine (like I can in Ubuntu)? The WebOS keyboard is quite inconvenient for Asian languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
    And you also know that you can have RDP right now, if you use Ubuntu on a card? Setup has just become a lot easier.

Still, a WebOS app would be a great option to have. I wonder if Splashtop provides the option to use a full on-screen keyboard when connected to the remote machine (like I can in Ubuntu)? The WebOS keyboard is quite inconvenient for Asian languages.
    I do know that actually however, what do you mean setup has just become a lot easier? Gotta at least give me a link to see how it's become easier man! Still, there really isn't anything else that works like Splashtop does, it's fast, can play computer games.
    Signed up and looking forward to it
    So does this mean I could use Quicken located on my home computer just like it was on my TP? Do you see your computer screen right on the TP?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    and here is the link to be notified when it is released... YAY!

Every one who wants this app on the touch pad please go to the page and enter your email! Since the announcement of HP killing the touch pad the splashtop people are "considering their options" we need to let them know we want this app!!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Just signed at:

The more people signup, the better.
    I emailed Splashtop literally two days before the announcement that HP was stopping the production of webOS devices and received an email back after the announcement stating that they were considering working on a webOS app but they had stopped anything related to webOS until they received word from HP on exactly what they were planning on doing on the platform.

To me, this more than just an awesome announcement that we’re going to get remote desktop. It signals that HP does have plans for the future of webOS, and it was significant enough that Splashtop would make an app for webOS.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    I emailed Splashtop literally two days before the announcement that HP was stopping the production of webOS devices and received an email back after the announcement stating that they were considering working on a webOS app but they had stopped anything related to webOS until they received word from HP on exactly what they were planning on doing on the platform.

To me, this more than just an awesome announcement that were going to get remote desktop. It signals that HP does have plans for the future of webOS, and it was significant enough that Splashtop would make an app for webOS.
    Possibly. Could of been that demand was great enough. I tweeted at those fools. They could of been getting tweets and emails, also this I'd really like to see support for HP TouchPad - WebOS 3.0 : Splashtop Remote - Support I put my support in that, you can see now that it says "Planned" also if you scroll to the bottom there is a message from Splashtop, so they definitely took notice of this page.