Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I got this in my email yesterday.

Give Co-Workers a
    FREE 50GB Box Account
    And Ramp Up Productivity In One Click
    Exclusive, Limited-time Offer

We hope you're enjoying your FREE 50GB Box account, using it to view and share important files. It's an exclusive offer that just got even better, because now you can...

Give a FREE 50GB Box account to co-workers for a limited time!

Making you all more productive.

With a FREE 50GB Box account, everybody:
    • Will have plenty of room to view and access content anywhere, anytime, from any device.
    • Can work together even when you're not together, sharing comments and exchanging feedback, edits and new versions.

Get more done... faster!

(Hurry! This is a Limited-Time, Exclusive Offer)

It is legit, and the only requirement was updating my login info with a company email address. The attachment shows the page linked from the email. I sent it to 10 coworkers, and could have sent more. Looks like Box is seriously trying to get into more businesses. If you didn't get the email you can try this url after login: http://www.box.net/vpromo/invite
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ten08; 08/31/2011 at 08:47 PM.
    Visor Platinum > Treo 90 > Clie PEG-NR70V > another Treo 90 > BB Pearl 8130 > Pre Plus
    I got this email to, but when I go to the link, it tells me I am noteligible due to my emai laddress nto being a company one. Then why send me the email?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    They want you to become eligible by changing the email on your account, so you can recruit new Box users at work. Seems like the promotion is in hopes of eventually upselling businesses to the PRO accounts for extra features.
    I was going to do it until I found out about that requirement ...I am not sure I want to give them my business email.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I sent it to all my employees on my web site, luckily It won't matter if they all sign up under the same IP cuz we work together lol.
    I did this, sent it to 7 co-workers and then changed my email back to my personal email.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I used my .edu address when registering Box.net, so I can basically invite thousands of students/staff/affiliates if I want to o.O

My wife used her @<ourlastname>.org address for her Box.net, so our whole family can have a 50 GB Box.net now
    Quote Originally Posted by accomando View Post
    I did this, sent it to 7 co-workers and then changed my email back to my personal email.
    I did this too
    Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post
    They want you to become eligible by changing the email on your account, so you can recruit new Box users at work. Seems like the promotion is in hopes of eventually upselling businesses to the PRO accounts for extra features.
    I did this yesterday. I changed my email to my 'business' email ( .org ), and signed up my 10 'employees', but 'they' never received their email from box.net?

The only confirmation I got was switching my email accounts with them.

Anyone have actual success with this?
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    You can see why Box.net hooked up with HP, they were hoping for lots of enterprise users, I wonder if they end up with lots of people like me - using their own domain, so registering accounts for 500gb of free storage...
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by secondclaw View Post
    I was going to do it until I found out about that requirement ...I am not sure I want to give them my business email.
    I was wondering this - Box.net seems a bit spammy and I've already had a number of upselling emails from them, are they going to harvest your emails and then try and upsell based on "Bobby in your organisation already uses box.net!"
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I don't seem to be able to change my email address to my work one......
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    I've used multiple emails and signed up like 10 different people.

Too bad box.net sucks. Once it maps itself to my drive like Dropbox and auto-syncs files I'll use it. Until then, it's just a failed concept in my eyes.
    Interestingly it works with live.co.uk emails.
    Here you go guys figured out how to sign up for more free accounts http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3124925
    Quote Originally Posted by sowazit2you View Post
    Here you go guys figured out how to sign up for more free accounts http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3124925
    That's basically what I did. I just used another email domain.

But I'd like to know if any of those emails for the free 50GB were ever received by them.

The ones I sent out were not.
    I just did this as i was typing it up and got the emails instantly and signed up for a few new accounts for some friends, if they didnt get it yet i would try and send it out again or it might be in their spam box.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    That's basically what I did. I just used another email domain.

But I'd like to know if any of those emails for the free 50GB were ever received by them.

The ones I sent out were not.
    Yes, my coworkers got their invitations.
    hi folks.

i had no problems sending the invite out to @gmail.com .. see attached pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darth_vader View Post
    hi folks.

i had no problems sending the invite out to @gmail.com .. see attached pic
    Your screencap contradicts mine. weird.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast