Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post
    Your screencap contradicts mine. weird.
    the people got my invites and were able to activate it as well...
    can you send me an invite please? thank you very much!

sequeira.ricardo@gmail.com or r.sequeira@eip-sa.pt
    Mine works with gmail as well...
    Can someone send me an invite? (i can pm my e-mail adress) please!! :-)
    This promotion ended some time ago, if I remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    This promotion ended some time ago, if I remember correctly.
    That would make me reaaaly sad :-(
    I tought that the promotion was valid within 1 month after the box.net app had been downloaded to a touchpad...
    Too bad their file size limit is 25MB. Waste of time.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidVogt View Post
    For me that virtual HD would be still enjoyable :-)

EDIT. This promo is still up and i have some invitation available for @mail.com adresses. If you are interested send me a pm.
    Last edited by Trovatore; 11/12/2011 at 02:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidVogt View Post
    Actually i see a 100MB file size limit .... :-D

EDIT: Just succesfully uploaded a 30 MB file :-)
    Last edited by Trovatore; 11/14/2011 at 05:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    no syncing from laptop and desktop without a paid account. even more waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadph View Post
    no syncing from laptop and desktop without a paid account. even more waste of time.
    There is a work around for that too . The box.net HD can be mapped as virtual HD in windows and then it is possible to use a proper software to automatically back up files to this mapped network drive :-)
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovatore View Post
    There is a work around for that too . The box.net HD can be mapped as virtual HD in windows and then it is possible to use a proper software to automatically back up files to this mapped network drive :-)
    unfortunately that isnt an option for my clients. They stuck with dropbox and payed extra for the space they needed. It came out to be cheaper after negotiating to dropbox reps.
    unfortunately that isnt an option for my clients.
    What do you mean? Customers? Colleagues?

They stuck with dropbox and payed extra for the space they needed. It came out to be cheaper after negotiating to dropbox reps.
    I'm glad for them. For my personal private use i think that a free 50GB box.net account with 100 MB file size limit and an automated backup from my laptop is a good solution.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Sorry, I meant customers.

I would have been fine with 10Gb data and a cross platform client with network syncing. Personally, even if they gave me 100Gb and not cross platform sync client, I still would not use it. Dropbox sync client is just too invaluable. But I kept my Box.net account just in case they release there sync client for personal use in the future.
    I would have been fine with 10Gb data and a cross platform client with network syncing. Personally, even if they gave me 100Gb and not cross platform sync client, I still would not use it. Dropbox sync client is just too invaluable. But I kept my Box.net account just in case they release there sync client for personal use in the future.
    I understand. Personally i just use windows PCs (no MACs or Linux) so i don't care a lot about cross platform clients.

However, if i had to PAY for such a kind of cloud account, i would probably go for sugarsync or dropbox because an official client is always a better solution.

If you are happy just with 10GB cross platform accounts, you can for for both dropbox and sugarync. Through their refferall "rules" you can get for both about a 16GB account.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovatore View Post
    I understand. Personally i just use windows PCs (no MACs or Linux) so i don't care a lot about cross platform clients.

However, if i had to PAY for such a kind of cloud account, i would probably go for sugarsync or dropbox because an official client is always a better solution.

If you are happy just with 10GB cross platform accounts, you can for for both dropbox and sugarync. Through their refferall "rules" you can get for both about a 16GB account.
    Yea, I suggested sugarsync to my girlfriend's team. They complained about syncing timing out or folder not creating. They are in publishing, so you can image the images and adobe files they upload and download on a daily basis. Without network syncing, they would probably slow the network to a halt. They eventually shifted back to to dropbox.
    Without network syncing, they would probably slow the network to a halt. They eventually shifted back to to dropbox.
    Yes, i know that a lot of people love the dropbox capabilities of syncing through your betwork and not esclusively through the internet.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12