Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    How do i install it? downloaed on touchpad, doesnt open. downloaded on mac, doesnt open. downloaded on pc, doesnt open. HELP PLZ AND THNK YOU
    KalemSoft - Media Player for WebOS You need to go to this page on your PC and install the client onto your PC.

You also need to forward ports so that you can access your PC from your TouchPad. If you don't know how to do this, contact your router tech support, and they will help you.
  3.    #3  
    does this software allow me to play videos stored on my touchpad? a bit confused. ty
    Did you download it to your TP through the app catalog?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ^ the new beta isn't in the app catalogue yet and it works the best. it's on their site to download the ipk to try.

or you can use webos install (i think) and press the green + arrow then install (with touchpad connected NOT in USB mode). Same way and utility used to install preware

and yeah you can play most any media type. With my touchpad running at 1.8ghz it plays 720p mkv smooth so far.
  6.    #6  
    sorry, im not a tech savy verson and thank you. How do u use webos install and press the reen + arrow then install? where do i find that? ty everyone
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by resteasy View Post
    ^ the new beta isn't in the app catalogue yet and it works the best. it's on their site to download the ipk to try.

or you can use webos install (i think) and press the green + arrow then install (with touchpad connected NOT in USB mode). Same way and utility used to install preware

and yeah you can play most any media type. With my touchpad running at 1.8ghz it plays 720p mkv smooth so far.
    Hi,

I downloaded from the site using Touchpad but whenever I click the file it says "Cannot open MIME type"

Edit: Solved, used preware to install.

Edit v2: WOW, this beauty is getting better n better.
    Last edited by AkheirAX; 08/31/2011 at 05:51 PM.
    sledge007 likes this.
  8.    #8  
    wat? teach me please^
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macauboy View Post
    wat? teach me please^
    Go to the link provided above to the website and download section and download the one in red which is TP version. Once downloaded open preware and click on preware top left, install package and navigate to download..voila
  10.    #10  
    is this done on a windows or on the touchpad?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macauboy View Post
    is this done on a windows or on the touchpad?
    Touchpad if you have preware installed
    Do you have something against going into the HP App Catalog and *paying* for the software?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Do you have something against going into the HP App Catalog and *paying* for the software?
    Yes, I can't purchase apps atm and also paying for this app is no contest, without hesitation.
  14.    #14  
    the installation stuff through my laptop is taking a long time... is that normal?
  15.    #15  
    like i pressed INSTALL PREWARE and it has been going at it for quite a while..
    frohoss likes this.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    this is not stealing it's installing the trial version FROM the Developer. This version is not in the app catalog as it's in beta still.
    this is not stealing it's installing the trial version FROM the Developer. This version is not in the app catalog as it's in beta still.
    He didn't mention even trying to download it from the app catalog and only seemed interested in a free version. Sounds like stealing to me.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Ok I have to bite. How s going to the makers web site an downloading a file they have placed there to be downloaded stealing?
    Quote Originally Posted by skyscanr View Post
    Ok I have to bite. How s going to the makers web site an downloading a file they have placed there to be downloaded stealing?
    Read the first post. He tried to install it to his Touchpad first. If his intention was to install a demo, then I stand corrected.
    Last edited by rstark; 08/31/2011 at 11:03 PM.

It plays my 720p kmv movies too, streaming. But after I let it buffer for a long time AND it doesn't look like HD at all, very pixalated (for 720p, looks more like dvd quality). BUT it DOES play it smoothly.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast