Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    FYI You can also BUY the app DIRECT from the Developer for $1 less than the catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by macauboy View Post
    is this done on a windows or on the touchpad?
    I'm a newbie too, so maybe there's an easier way to do it, but this is what worked for me.

1. On Touchpad, open Preware.

2. Once Preware is loaded, hit the Home button to minimize it, but do not close it.

3. Open the web browser and go to: KalemSoft - Products

4. Click on the red writing

5. Preware will pop up and give you three options. Click on Install. When it is done installing, you will see a message at the bottom of the screen saying "Package Installed".

6. Click OK

7. On the top left corner, you will see where it says "Preware" with an arrow. Tap that and choose Luna Manager.

8. When Luna Manager loads, hit Restart Luna

That's what worked for me, hope it works for you too
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    FYI You can also BUY the app DIRECT from the Developer for $1 less than the catalog.
    Which I have done already Sir hehe. Amazing player, after finding out stock player doesn't accept DivX etc etc [insert shock sign here], I was very disappointed. This player is the answer to my problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    KalemSoft - Media Player for WebOS You need to go to this page on your PC and install the client onto your PC.

You also need to forward ports so that you can access your PC from your TouchPad. If you don't know how to do this, contact your router tech support, and they will help you.
    (note: the above is if you want to stream a video file from your home PC through the internet to your TouchPad. You want to do this since the Touchpad has only 16 to 32 gigs of memory for video storage, while your home PC can have hard drives measured in terabytes.)

If your PC has a firewall, you need to open the ports that KalemSoft is using (default is TCP:7000 for video and TCP:7001 for control) See the instructions for your firewall.

Sometimes you have to set your router to forward the ports as well.

If your PC's internet provider used dynamic IPs (instead of static IPs), you will need to get a free DDNS account. Otherwise when the dynamic IP changes, the KalemSoft streamer will suddenly stop working (until you reboot it). Alas, most internet providers use dynamic IPs.

A free DDNS account can be had from DynDNS Free - Dyn
    If your router is a cheap one that does not support DDNS internally, you can install the Dyne client app instead. Dyn Update Clients - Dyn

Once this is all done, you can have the Kalemsoft server pointed at the video folder on your home PC, and your TouchPad can play videos from that folder (whenever you are in the world as long as the TouchPad is in range of an open wifi node, and your home computer is running)

As an added bonus, if your home PC has a web cam, you can attach it to the Kalemsoft server. This means that you can watch the live video from your web cam on your Touchpad. And record it.
    So, I bought and downloaded the app from the app store and that version had very low frames per second. So I went to their website and downloaded it on my TP. Now THAT version that works flawlessly is asking me to activate using my email i used, but the email doesn't work, any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by suikostinger View Post
    So, I bought and downloaded the app from the app store and that version had very low frames per second. So I went to their website and downloaded it on my TP. Now THAT version that works flawlessly is asking me to activate using my email i used, but the email doesn't work, any suggestions?
    I had the same issue with the email....I think.
    I paid with Paypal, but my paypal email is different than the email I used for Kalemsoft. The Kalemsoft email did not work when I tried to activate, so I tried my Paypal email and it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
    (note: the above is if you want to stream a video file from your home PC through the internet to your TouchPad. You want to do this since the Touchpad has only 16 to 32 gigs of memory for video storage, while your home PC can have hard drives measured in terabytes.)

If your PC has a firewall, you need to open the ports that KalemSoft is using (default is TCP:7000 for video and TCP:7001 for control) See the instructions for your firewall.

Sometimes you have to set your router to forward the ports as well.

If your PC's internet provider used dynamic IPs (instead of static IPs), you will need to get a free DDNS account. Otherwise when the dynamic IP changes, the KalemSoft streamer will suddenly stop working (until you reboot it). Alas, most internet providers use dynamic IPs.

A free DDNS account can be had from DynDNS Free - Dyn
    If your router is a cheap one that does not support DDNS internally, you can install the Dyne client app instead. Dyn Update Clients - Dyn

Once this is all done, you can have the Kalemsoft server pointed at the video folder on your home PC, and your TouchPad can play videos from that folder (whenever you are in the world as long as the TouchPad is in range of an open wifi node, and your home computer is running)

As an added bonus, if your home PC has a web cam, you can attach it to the Kalemsoft server. This means that you can watch the live video from your web cam on your Touchpad. And record it.
    Nyrath,

Thank you for your post. Is it possible to stream video through this streamer from KalemSoft that originates from a Sligbox slingplayer app on my home computer? The easy way would be to have the slingplayer software on the Touchpad but of course that doesn't exist. So I was wondering if video that is playing on my home computer on slingplayer software (though not a video app) can be streamed to the Touchpad? Thanks again, Selat.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12