Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I need to sync my tpad with my work computer. I don't want to put my stuff in the "cloud" and don't mind doing a USB hookup to sync but how do I do this? I need contacts and appointments synced with corresponding HP programs. I am finding it hard to make this new pad a viable business tool.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Do you know if your work Email environment supports Active Sync and has outside email access configured? We have that at my office and my contacts/appointments come right down.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooty View Post
    Do you know if your work Email environment supports Active Sync and has outside email access configured? We have that at my office and my contacts/appointments come right down.
    It does not. I am currently using activesync to sync outlook with a windows mobile device. All I want to do is do this with my Tpad
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I'm confused - the TP should link up just like your WM device.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    did you look at pocket mirror?
    On my Pre 2 I use an app called PocketMirror which syncs to Outlook via my Wifi network at home. I've contacted Chapura (makers of PocketMirror), and they said they are working on a version of PocketMirror which will be compatible with the TouchPad.

I'm not sure how much longer until this new version is released and I don't know if you have the ability to sycn via Wifi at work, but this solution works very well for me with my Pre2. This is what I'll use once it's released for the Touchpad.

-Skippy
  7. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    +1

I love pocket mirror for phones, I can't wait until a touchpad version is created. Other than putting your information in the cloud, this is the only way I know how to get PIM info on webOS devices except for companionlink.