Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    hi

I had problem installing Kindle which is unavailable in my country, so I use Impostah to change the activation profile and install it from the Impostah.

it works well except now l want to go to the app catalog (thinking that I can now access paid apps since my country does not have any) I get error retry message.

so I change the profile back to original, restart the touchpad (Luna restart won't work) and now I can access back the app store agaiN, but I thinkin is back to my country setting, not one that enables paid app.

is there anything I should do so that I can access the app store under a different country setting?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    bump
    download the ipk (search "xeonwales kindle" for a starting point) and install thru preware. I couldn't get Impostah to work with it either, think the 3.0.2 update broke the loophole.
    I had this problem too and had to do the following:

1. Used impostah to change my profile to US
    2. Tried App store and got the retry message all the time. Rebooted the Touchpad
    3. Tried App store and it owrked. Downloaded Kindle and installed.
    4. Used Impostah to change back to UK profile
    5. Tried App store and got the retry message all the time. Rebooted the Touchpad
    6. Tried App store and it worked.

No idea why I needed to reboot after changing the profile, but it's just a minor inconvenience.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ok I found out that I have to restart my device before I can access app catalog under the new activation profile. So now I can access Kindle as well as paid apps which are not available in my country!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Where do change the Country exactly? "Activation" or somewhere in "Palm Profile"

Because I changed to Germany (I live in Austria, only free apps) and even after restarting I see no paid apps in the catalog.

(Note trying this for the touchpad). It shows Germany on the profile pages. But app catalog is still locked to AT.
    Last edited by lawks; 09/07/2011 at 12:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    nevermind got it, I just had to create a new profile and log in, that way the app catalog let's you choose the country again.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I used impostah to create a new profile, but now when I go to the app catalog and try to leave a rating, it only shows impostah and not my name! Any way I can change the user name?

UPDATE: Logged in to the webOS account, changed the name, saved changes, launched impostah on my TouchPad, logged in to the same profile. Went to catalog, was still seeing the "Impostah U" name, shut down - switched on the device, and now its working. I see my user name as I wanted it.
    Last edited by wordsm1th; 09/22/2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Found a way to make it work
    Quote Originally Posted by lawks View Post
    nevermind got it, I just had to create a new profile and log in, that way the app catalog let's you choose the country again.
    does that happen automatically? my app catalog isn't updating...