Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I posted this in the accessories forum, cross-posting here...

A friend who owns an iPad2 loaned me his bluetooth keyboard to try out. It works great, I'm thinking I will likely get myself a BT keyboard of one sort or another.

I've updated Quickoffice, and was editing a document with it, and I noticed that the backspace repeat was not working. If I hold down any other key on the keyboard, after the usual second or two it starts repeating, but the backspace key does not. It works fine on other applications, such as Listed, Typewriter, forum post editors, etc., but not on Quickoffice.

Can anyone tell me if they are experiencing something similar? Can someone tell me if their backspace repeat works OK for the keyboard they have?

The keyboard I'm using is an Ipad keyboard, and as such there is no actual "backspace" key ("delete" on an Apple means "backspace" on most other systems). I hope to learn if this is a Quickoffice bug, or if it's a case of a very slightly incompatible keyboard.

Thanks,

-Victor
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have no problems with multiple backspacing/deleting using my keyboard button
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Thanks for the report, that's what I needed to know!
    I also can't hold and multiple backspace within QuickOffice using my HP BT keyboard. Will test w/my other BT KBs when I can. {Jonathan}
    Yeah holding the backspace key does not repeat on my touchpad using the HP bluetooth keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by UCLAKoolman View Post
    Yeah holding the backspace key does not repeat on my touchpad using the HP bluetooth keyboard
    Same here. The other keys repeat.
    Same. Can one of you guys test out the arrow keys using flash games? The other keys seem to work when playing. Also if you go into full screen mode when playing a flash game, no keys seem to work. Would like to see this tested on other BT keyboards other than the official one.
    Likewise for me, the "Delete" (backspace) key does not repeat in QuickOffice, but other keys repeat normally. Elsewhere, the Delete key repeats as it should.
    I'm having an issue where once I get to the bottom of the screen typing a paragraph, rather than it moving down further with the line I'm typing, the screen will do odd flashes and stay at my last visible line. I'm still typing but have to drag down to see what I'm typing below and when I let go, it goes back up to cover what I'm typing. Extremely annoying. I save and close out, then come back in and its fine for a line or 2 and then does it again. Usually seems the worst when you are close to an end of a page. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DougReeder View Post
    Likewise for me, the "Delete" (backspace) key does not repeat in QuickOffice, but other keys repeat normally. Elsewhere, the Delete key repeats as it should.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I'm having an issue where once I get to the bottom of the screen typing a paragraph, rather than it moving down further with the line I'm typing, the screen will do odd flashes and stay at my last visible line. I'm still typing but have to drag down to see what I'm typing below and when I let go, it goes back up to cover what I'm typing. Extremely annoying. I save and close out, then come back in and its fine for a line or 2 and then does it again. Usually seems the worst when you are close to an end of a page. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Yep. Hope it gets fixed. Pretty close to useless as is.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Haven't seen that, but have seen a related bug where the last line of text (the currently selected line) is only partway on the screen, and the screen kind of shakes up-down every time you press a key as it tries to scroll the line onto the screen, but then goes back.

If you hit Enter a bunch of times, then scroll, it readjusts.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Haven't seen that, but have seen a related bug where the last line of text (the currently selected line) is only partway on the screen, and the screen kind of shakes up-down every time you press a key as it tries to scroll the line onto the screen, but then goes back.

If you hit Enter a bunch of times, then scroll, it readjusts.
    Thanks for the tip, hadn't thought about doing that!
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip, hadn't thought about doing that!
    Experienced the same thing (during class notes!).
    The enter trick only seemed to work some of the time. What seems to work every time is, after a few enters, to pinch zoom out, then back in.

I also have the Backspace problem with Quickoffice -- but works fine in Typewriter Beta. .. and god forbid you have capslock on in Typewriter Beta and hold that backspace, you'll delete half of your document! :$ (deletes whole words at a time, versus 1 character at a time).

Also another bug in quick office I've found, if you highlight a word and try to type over it, I crash every time.

Is there any kind of autosave in quickoffice.. or undo?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    There is currently no undo. I've experienced the backspace and paragraph scrolling issues, and I also get no response when hitting the tab button which is a serious limitation.
    yes, this is very annoying, along with the severe lack of auto correct in QO. I"m using the webOS keyboard. Hope this is corrected very soon, these are 2 huge things that are missing and should not be.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan_ View Post
    There is currently no undo. I've experienced the backspace and paragraph scrolling issues, and I also get no response when hitting the tab button which is a serious limitation.
    Wow. that is mind boggling. Is there any other simple 'notepad-esque' app you would recommend for taking notes? like a text editor?