Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Let's pretend I am new to the TouchPad. Actually, we don't have to pretend. Like tons of others, I just got my TP via the firesale. What are the "must have" or "essential" apps that I should download from the App Catalog or elsewhere? I have found lists out there on the internets, but I want a fluid list based on opinions of the actual App community and not some mag editor. Paid or free. It doesn't matter. If it belongs on the TouchPad, I want to know about it.
    so far I like tunein radio, Angry Birds HD, box, pandora, supernes, USA Today (great), CBS Sports (also great). Downloaded a couple others too, but these are the best free ones so far.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    - Glimpse
    - ComicShelf HD if you read comics
    - WordPress if you have any WP blogs
    - http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ium-webos.html
    - Box.net
    - AccuWeather

And of course Preware.
    Last edited by detection; 09/01/2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by detection View Post
    And of course Preware.
    this should be the first thing you install.
    followed by the patches and plugins needed to boost the speed of your TP.
    chrisjpopp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by looktall View Post
    agreed. This will definitely improve your webOS experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by looktall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypinoy9 View Post
    agreed. This will definitely improve your webOS experience.
    . Do you really think they should install Preware?
    Yes, I also agree that they should...

. Machinarium [on Touchpad] - install info/download Link. [Click Here]

Last edited by JCPDX; 08/31/2011 at 10:21 PM.
    ........JC.........

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    -ComicShelf HD
    -InterfaceLIFT HD
    -Internalz Pro (preware)
    -KalemSoft Media Player
    -Quell HD
    -Solitaire (Softick)
    -Wifi Media Sync

Allows you to sync files via wifi from your computer. PC client needs to be installed as well. Don't let the Media throw you off. I've been able to transfer pretty much anything. Only time I ever need to hook up the USB cable nowadays...is hmmmm...been awhile.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    USA Today, the layout is amazing.
    Spaceblip HD, it's free and a good game.
    Tap Tap Rockets HD, It's about $2, but fun to play.

I'm just starting to check out the app, so these are my early favorites.

On a related note, I can't believe people are complaining about the lack of apps for the TouchPad; there are a ton of them. The biggest problem is that some of them haven't been updated for the TouchPad (I'm looking at you Pandora and EverNote).
    Quote Originally Posted by cdoty View Post
    On a related note, I can't believe people are complaining about the lack of apps for the TouchPad; there are a ton of them. The biggest problem is that some of them haven't been updated for the TouchPad (I'm looking at you Pandora and EverNote).
    I think the biggest complainers are the ones that have came over from the Apple and maybe a little from the Android sides. Apple store is just overwhelming in the number of apps they have...it's sometimes more difficult separating the diamonds in the ruff, the wheat from the chaff, etc. etc.

Personally, I'm fine with what is in the Palm store. It seems that new apps are appearing on a daily basis. I think it's just a matter of time before all the basics are covered, and honestly, how many apps does one really need to have once their needs are met?
    Quote Originally Posted by detection View Post
    - Machinarium
    You made me waste an hour of my life futilely scanning the App catalog before I Googled "Machinarium Touchpad".

Now I have an evening project, having gotten Machinarium from the Humble Bundle last month but haven't tried it out yet. Looks like a great "couch game".
    there is only one app i need (in the hp app catalog)... KalemSoft Media Player
    the rest are just crap
    Quote Originally Posted by cdoty View Post
    The biggest problem is that some of them haven't been updated for the TouchPad (I'm looking at you Pandora and EverNote).
    +1 on the evernote.... and ZINIO the gits!
    Quote Originally Posted by prenoobster View Post
    the rest are just crap
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion. And even you have your own....But on what basis do you say "the rest are crap"? Have you downloaded each and every of they 300+ available apps to come to that conclusion?

Seriosuly, NOT EVEN ONE app is appealing to you?
    Mini-Pandora doesn't bother me much since I run it in the background anyway and can select "like/dislike" from the drop-down bar.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
    You made me waste an hour of my life futilely scanning the App catalog before I Googled "Machinarium Touchpad".

Now I have an evening project, having gotten Machinarium from the Humble Bundle last month but haven't tried it out yet. Looks like a great "couch game".
    Haha, sorry! I should edit my post with a link. It really is a fun game and works quite well on the Touchpad!
    Anyone know if you can use Media Sync to sync a Dropbox folder on my PC desktop to my TP? Can you use this when you are away from your home network? For the price it appears to be a sweet product for TP owners.
    All good choices...and I have several others...but I'll shelve them because the most important one has not yet been mentioned...and it's not for your TP...it's for your WebOS phone:

FreeTether

Extends your wifi-only TP goodness outside of your home.

cheers,
    Scuba
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    Preware
    Advanced Browser
    KalemSoft Media Player
    Just Draw
    Robotek HD
    Internalz Pro
    Flash Cards
    Machinarium (I second that one!)