1.    #1  
    doom made it onto the pre, anyone have any idea if it will make it to the touchpad . I hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Wrong. The game does not work on Touchpad. It technically runs but requires a keyboard. Hardly ideal.
  4.    #4  
    yeah... Was thinking something along the lines of the duke nukes port in the app catalogue
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    Wrong. The game does not work on Touchpad. It technically runs but requires a keyboard. Hardly ideal.
    The fact that it requires a keyboard, does not mean it doesn't work on the TouchPad. Doom required the Pre's keyboard if I remember correctly.

What is ideal is a matter of personal preference. Speaking of personal preference ... I'd rather see Doom3 than the original Doom
    Doom 1 & 2 much more fun than 3. Didn't like the pacing or enviroments.
    I wouldn't mind Doom 1 & 2 working in webOS 2.x or 3.x. I enjoyed playing Doom I on my Pre-. but it stopped working with the 2.x updates. Since I now have a Pre2 and a TouchPad, it would be awesome to start playing it again.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
  8.    #8  
    yeah, it def. would be cool, i have a pre2 now, and a touchpad, and i wish i could play it, for now i am stuck with duke nukem on the touchpad, although duke nukem does rock.
    Doom with full touch controls (no external keyboard needed) would be epic. I'd love to get Quake working without needing the BT keyboard as well, but I'm not greedy hehe.

Since it's been brought up, how is the Duke port? Is it 100% touch driven?
    Long live webOS!
    theres 2 apps on the app catalogue, 1 looks suspiciously Quake1/2 or doom with a custom wad and the other looks like a custom wad'd Heretic or hexen, forget their names atm, if anyone had them they could check if they use wad's and just copy the originals over

EDIT: Portal of Praveus is the Hexen lookalike, if anyone owns the game can they check the folder and see if it is just hexen with a custom wad?

Demon King, is another, looks like a custom Doom1, again anyone got it to check the contents?

if their just the doom/hexen engine then the original wads theoretically could be used in place, IF their those engines and have a custom WAD to replace, but they DO look very alike to me.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 09/15/2011 at 05:21 PM.
  11.    #11  
    yeah, duke nukem is all touch driven, i have not had a chance to see if the bluetooth keyboard works with it, but the game runs very well.
  12.    #12  
    i didn't see those, im going to purchase the hexen look alike and check it out, but it can't be using the original engine because there are 3d models, the original hexen never had any 3d models

edit:

i guess it wouldn't be the original engine anyway, but ill look into it and report back.
    Everything needs DOOM on it! If it's homebrewable DOOM will be there sooner or later!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohh View Post
    Everything needs DOOM on it! If it's homebrewable DOOM will be there sooner or later!
    i hope so, just tried to use the bluetooth keyboard with duke nukem and its a no go, but the touch controls work well anyway so no sweat.