Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I need help... I've seen others having this problem in recent negative reviews of app catalog

These are Amazon books so this is not associated with the new fix for .mobi n other formats posted n another thread

History
    downloaded books mid august.. Read to my kids... 2 weeks later, Wouldn't open properly...after several opens it continued to go to a white screen...

Actions taken so far
    closed app n restarted approx 10-15x's
    uninstalled n reinstalled kindle app 2x's
    sent bug report in hp app catalog
    googled for solutions

my “palm” pad
    webOS 3.0.2
    several patches n apps like increase volume, increase speed and sensitivity, preware, govnah
    also did hulu fix

books - all amazon books
    stick dogs wants a hamburger
    wizard of OZ
    The golden acorn

Any ideas would be appreciated :-)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Bump... TIA
    I am having the same problem, and would love to know how to fix it!
    Yes. So far it has only happened with one book, but I haven't tried any others. The only thing that works when it happens is the dog-ear page function.
    Mine just started that last night - any ideas, anybody?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    My Kindle app was doing the same thing last evening. It would display pages for a minute or so and then go to a white screen.

I restarted the Touchpad and the problem went away. Hope this helps you.
    Yep - rebooting solved it.
    I believe it is a memory issue of some sort. I only had this problem whenever I had another app open. If Kindle is the only app open, then I didn't have an issue. I will try rebooting and see if it fixes my problem.
    Brian
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    So today I also started having problems keeping angry birds open. Frustrated I a device restart using Internals Pro (a regular device restart probably would work too).

As soon as it came up I got a number of updates, including adobe reader that seems to be causing/fixing some problems.

They are both currently working(Amazon Kindle & Angry Birds)... I will post if anything changes or I find a patch, solution or any news I find.

Please do the same here so we can figure it out and fix this!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    I believe it is a memory issue of some sort. I only had this problem whenever I had another app open. If Kindle is the only app open, then I didn't have an issue. I will try rebooting and see if it fixes my problem.
    Thanks you :-) When it happened to me I did not have any other running applications, unless there was something running in the background I am not aware of.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yes. So far it has only happened with one book, but I haven't tried any others. The only thing that works when it happens is the dog-ear page function.
    YES! I noticed that too! But you can't see anything else on the page..
    Having the same problem.
    ditto...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    lamesauce
    Restarting seems to have solved it, as I have been reading the same book that gave me problems with no issues this morning.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    same problems here
    it only happens when i switch applications and change the screen rotation before coming back
    once it settles down, it stays working fine as long as i'm reading
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    had issue when viewing a wallpaper thread. figured it was some out of memory situation..
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Had the Kindle white screen last night. It would show the cover page then go white and not respond to anything. Device restart fixed it. Whoever wrote the app should know: if you encounter an error, report it, don't leave the user lost and alone ...
    ikimashokie likes this.
    I cannot find my other kindle books in my kindle app. I have bought 2 books from Amazon kindle and had 2 free books sent to my touchpad but can only get the first book that I sent to it to open up. How do I get to all my other books?!
    Been having this issue ever since the update to Kindle a few days ago.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast