Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    same here, bought jayz book and just by opening it went completely white
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I knew something was fishy... I failed to notice the update. Still no news from Kindle on a fix... :-(
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Happens to me all of the time. 99% sure it's a resource issue. Flip any other cards away and reopen the Kindle app. It should be fine after that. I've never had to reboot in order to "fix" it.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I always get it if, while reading a book, I select the open book icon on the bottom right and select the table of contents option.
    Beta.

We need a few patches............Amazon.
    This is by far the most unstable app on my TouchPad. Given the number of new TP owners, I'd think Amazon is turning away major bucks by not fixing this.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    They have a Twitter page - will that help? Maybe if everyone will Tweet something....

@AmazonKindle
    I've never had this issue and always (out of habit) only have the Kindle app open when reading. I thought maybe it might be an indexing issue but the app doesn't appear to index the same as an actual Kindle - the nonsense word search just searches book titles not content. Contacting Amazon Kindle support (not just Amazon support) would be the way to go.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yes. this has happened to me too. one day all my books are there, the next.. nothing but a blank screen. no library or anything.

only time i got it to work again was to delete the kindle app, re-download it and re-register. but that only worked for a day or two and now i am back to nothing but a blank, white page.
    I think I only see this when I have the rotation lock enabled. Typically if I turn off rotate lock the white screen goes away.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    in my case rotation lock was not used.
    Add 4 georgia fonts ( from you PC or Laptop ) , use Quick Install ( send file , to the folder :
    usr/share/fonts )

Restart , and Kindle work fine !
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    unusual how I only get white screen on my 16gb tp, but on my 32gb tp the kindle app works perfectly

edit: after extensive testing and registering/de-registering accounts etc. i finally figured out that the issue was one of the books i downloaded.
    i have no idea why that particular book is causing the white screen but it happened every single time i opened it.
    Last edited by illli; 10/25/2011 at 11:19 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12