Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    The "Get started with your new Touchpad" sticky mentions the Hulu Fix that is available in Preware. I loaded Preware but can't find the Hulu Fix patch. Was it removed?
    No, it's still there under "patches".
    What is it named as?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Just checked Prepare under Patch. No hulu fix.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    In PreWare/Manage Feeds, you have to add webos-testing-all feed @ "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all"
    Fire up Preware...go to Patch....go to All....look for "Hulu Fix".

I just did it and it's still there.

It's in the "WebOS Internals Testing" Feed.
    I thought the fix was supposed to spoof the id to IE. I installed the fix, went to hulu, and selected the first show I saw "Friends w/ Benefits" and got the message that it was not approved for TVs or Mobile devices. clicked the next link I saw, a clip from "Bachelor Pad"and it worked. (I guess anyway, I didn't make it through the commercial.)

Was I misinformed about how it worked?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    OK added the feed and found the Patch. Thanks Dale46.
    does this patch work for the advanced browser as well?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TouchDroid? View Post
    I thought the fix was supposed to spoof the id to IE. I installed the fix, went to hulu, and selected the first show I saw "Friends w/ Benefits" and got the message that it was not approved for TVs or Mobile devices. clicked the next link I saw, a clip from "Bachelor Pad"and it worked. (I guess anyway, I didn't make it through the commercial.)

Was I misinformed about how it worked?
    I think the message you are seeing is the HTML part of the page. Ignore that, if you go to the same page on your PC, you'll see the same message - it's just a blanket message.

If you saw the commercial, it's working.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    does this patch work for the advanced browser as well?
    Could you try it and let us know? I would think that, yes, it will work.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavejon View Post
    OK added the feed and found the Patch. Thanks Dale46.
    No problem.

The thanks button is part of my reply that will give register your thanks in the db.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Could you try it and let us know? I would think that, yes, it will work.
    Yes, the advanced browser will access Hulu.com now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    In PreWare/Manage Feeds, you have to add webos-testing-all feed @ "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all"
    I am about to thank you, but here is why everyone isn't, your directions are clear to some but utterly unclear to those of us new to preware.

Open preware, tap the top left corner, choose manage feeds, after that scroll down to new feed and tap. In the new feed name type exactly "webos-testing-all" without the quotes.

tap the feedname and type "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all" without the quotes. Restart the touchpad.

Restart preware and search the patches for "hulu" without the quotes. Voila, install reboot and you have a hulu fix.

This was dales post, I just made it for dummies, so if you thank me, be sure to thank dale46 first.

Thanks Dale.
    Last edited by justin108; 08/30/2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: clarity
    Justin 108....Thanks for the clarification, been messing with this all night till I read your post. Finally got it working. Those of us who need to be walked through every step appreciate this.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4e4n View Post
    Justin 108....Thanks for the clarification, been messing with this all night till I read your post. Finally got it working. Those of us who need to be walked through every step appreciate this.
    No problem, it took me a minute to get it done as well. I just remembered the naming scheme had to be perfect or a lot of error screens followed. Glad I was not the only one with the lack of understanding. Happy to be of help.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justin108 View Post
    I am about to thank you, but here is why everyone isn't, your directions are clear to some but utterly unclear to those of us new to preware.

Open preware, tap the top left corner, choose manage feeds, after that scroll down to new feed and tap. In the new feed name type exactly "webos-testing-all" without the quotes.

tap the feedname and type "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all" without the quotes. Restart the touchpad.

Restart preware and search the patches for "hulu" without the quotes. Voila, install reboot and you have a hulu fix.

This was dales post, I just made it for dummies, so if you thank me, be sure to thank dale46 first.

Thanks Dale.
    I've done all this and I keep getting errors everytime i try to update the feed. I checked twice and did everything you said

*edit: got it to work. had to add this second feed in addition to the first:
    Name: webos-testing-armv7
    Url: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-.../testing/armv7
    Last edited by keys2rule; 08/30/2011 at 11:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by keys2rule View Post
    I've done all this and I keep getting errors everytime i try to update the feed. I checked twice and did everything you said

*edit: got it to work. had to add this second feed in addition to the first:
    Name: webos-testing-armv7
    Url: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/
    Nice, glad you figured it out, I did the best I could, I am only three days using webOS. I simply read a lot. Yes, I added that feed as well. Hope I helped rather than hindered your efforts.

Thank you for the update.
    Is this still working for others? I installed it and it isn't working for me.
    I used the manual fix that was listed pre-patch but I just tried Hulu and it worked for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast