Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #21  
    Guys.... if you are going to post directions for the testing feeds for Preware, be sure to at the VERY least link the webOS-Internals wiki site for those feeds for members to read and understand before messing with certain items those feeds bring. By installing those feeds there are certain Rules you must agree to abide by, and the only way to do that is by reading those rules.

    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals wiki

    Thanks!
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by justin108 View Post
    I am about to thank you, but here is why everyone isn't, your directions are clear to some but utterly unclear to those of us new to preware.

    Open preware, tap the top left corner, choose manage feeds, after that scroll down to new feed and tap. In the new feed name type exactly "webos-testing-all" without the quotes.

    tap the feedname and type "ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all" without the quotes. Restart the touchpad.

    Restart preware and search the patches for "hulu" without the quotes. Voila, install reboot and you have a hulu fix.

    This was dales post, I just made it for dummies, so if you thank me, be sure to thank dale46 first.

    Thanks Dale.
    Thanks Dale!
  3. auto_exec's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #23  
    Is the Hulu patch gone from the feeds now?

    I've had the testing feeds enabled and loaded for some time (and I've seen the Hulu patch listed previously)... I'd already done the manual file edit, so didn't install the patch before.. tonight I figured i'd revert the manual edit and use the patch instead... but now I don't see it?

    Anyone know why? Or can someone confirm?
  4. enki's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_exec View Post
    Is the Hulu patch gone from the feeds now?

    I've had the testing feeds enabled and loaded for some time (and I've seen the Hulu patch listed previously)... I'd already done the manual file edit, so didn't install the patch before.. tonight I figured i'd revert the manual edit and use the patch instead... but now I don't see it?

    Anyone know why? Or can someone confirm?
    I installed it a while ago, but I read on SD where someone else had the same problem and couldn't find it in Patches. They were however able to find it when they chose the list everything option off the main prefetch menu, and it was at the top. You should be able to install it that way.
  5. auto_exec's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by enki View Post
    I installed it a while ago, but I read on SD where someone else had the same problem and couldn't find it in Patches. They were however able to find it when they chose the list everything option off the main prefetch menu, and it was at the top. You should be able to install it that way.
    You're totally right! The "List of Everything" shows it and allows me to install...

    Actually, I think I found the issue.. it's listed under "Linux Applications" now instead of "Patches"...
  6. methods's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #26  
    fyi, to find the hulu patch Open Preware, click the search icon in the top right corner and type "hulu". Simple.
    if searching from your phone, Open Prepare and just type.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavejon View Post
    The "Get started with your new Touchpad" sticky mentions the Hulu Fix that is available in Preware. I loaded Preware but can't find the Hulu Fix patch. Was it removed?

    Is this patch totally reversible? If something goes wrong can I uninstall and it will go back to normal?
  8. methods's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by djphatjive View Post
    Is this patch totally reversible? If something goes wrong can I uninstall and it will go back to normal?
    Yes, patches are easily removed. Preware>Installed Packages>Linux Application>Hulu Fix> Select Remove
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    Yes, patches are easily removed. Preware>Installed Packages>Linux Application>Hulu Fix> Select Remove
    Cool thanks!
  10. #30  
    ok for the totally handicapped person -- is this patch still available ? when I try it says that is the old way of doing it and have to use commandline. I have done that restarted and still no hulu fix
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by scanlon21 View Post
    ok for the totally handicapped person -- is this patch still available ? when I try it says that is the old way of doing it and have to use commandline. I have done that restarted and still no hulu fix
    Here ya go...

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-hulu-fix.html
  12. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    fyi, to find the hulu patch Open Preware, click the search icon in the top right corner and type "hulu". Simple.
    if searching from your phone, Open Prepare and just type.
    I tried that last night and nothing showed up
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions