Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have a bunch of books and text books in PDF format and it's impossible to read them with the native PDF reader. There is no search and no skip to pages. I have books 1000 pgs+ and there is no way I can scroll to where I need. The page number thing shows you the next 20 pages.
    Yeah. I felt exactly the same way. What even bothers me more is the missing full zoom and the crappy re-rendering (if you zoom in the text will not re-render and therefore be unreadable). I already complained to Adobe through their website and Twitter, maybe more people should do this to show them the need for some tweaks...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using Tapatalk
    Try converting the books in calibre to a .mobi format and then using pReader.
    How do I convert the PDF books to .mobi or other formats to use with pReade
    Quote Originally Posted by ledrag View Post
    How do I convert the PDF books to .mobi or other formats to use with pReade
    By reading the help files.
    Honestly, if your book has special formatting (perhaps if you are like me and you have a book that has sample pieces of code) converting a PDF to mobi seems to be a headache. I'd imagine your book would have to be a simple novel or just straight text to easily convert from PDF to mobi (or PDF to any other format). Otherwise it's a pain in the *** to convert.
    If that's the case use some other device to read them until someone comes up with a better solution, or get the knowledge and write an app yourself.
    there is a skip to page, just touch the page number in the top right and menu should open