Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    the browser either native or advanced both are so buggy and painful to use!

please I have to load web pages 2 and three times to load properly

please please help us!

I have updated the OS to latest
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    I installed ad block and after a day of pure torture with pages not loading and then partial loading ad block good idea but with this buggy browser uh no
    this sit in particular is not touchpad friendly Admin try it on a touchpad its pure torture at times ( posted on my TP)
    installing the enable private browsing patch and then using the browser in private mode really speeds things up.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
  4. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Need to fix the authenticated website download problem
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    LOL HP needs to focus on keeping webOS alive.
    The mod here is correct, but the browser is the heart of webOS, that needs to be fixed as it is very slow. I have updated, applied all applicable patches; and it is slow by comparison. If the OS is going to be called webOS it should do it proper, yet it does not. I own two tablets, the viewsonic gtablet, and the touchpad. The gtab is inferior in a lot of ways but browsing is not one of them. Sorry but webOS is great but is slow at browsing. Maybe a rose by another name.

I am new here sure, but I have been commenting on computers and connections since 1993 and this is slow. I wish it was not but alas it is very slow.

Edi: I still love the touchpad, but the browser is the problem, I would not recommend it to an enemy.
    Last edited by justin108; 08/31/2011 at 02:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    I installed ad block and after a day of pure torture with pages not loading and then partial loading ad block good idea but with this buggy browser uh no
    this sit in particular is not touchpad friendly Admin try it on a touchpad its pure torture at times ( posted on my TP)
    actually perceptual works great on my HP touchpad. Flash has also worked great 90% of the time , I just checked ESPN and videos played well.

the biggest issue is the cache one, it even does it in private browsing. It doesn't do it on another forum I use tho, but precentral for sure.

(also posting from tp)
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    If only the just announced Honeycomb Firefox browser could be ported to webOS...
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by justin108 View Post
    The mod here is correct, but the browser is the heart of webOS, that needs to be fixed as it is very slow. I have updated, applied all applicable patches; and it is slow by comparison. If the OS is going to be called webOS it should do it proper, yet it does not. I own two tablets, the viewsonic gtablet, and the touchpad. The gtab is inferior in a lot of ways but browsing is not one of them. Sorry but webOS is great but is slow at browsing. Maybe a rose by another name.

I am new here sure, but I have been commenting on computers and connections since 1993 and this is slow. I wish it was not but alas it is very slow.

Edi: I still love the touchpad, but the browser is the problem, I would not recommend it to an enemy.
    Actually I don't find it slow at all. Generally it's pretty quick. I have the iPad 1 and its browser is horrendously slow and often doesn't respond to taps. Some pages like Facebook are unbearable to browse. But for all that it lacks in spped, the iPad browser is at least compliant and isn't riddled with the sort of bugs and shortcomings that the TouchPad's browser is.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by saidzuchi View Post
    actually perceptual works great on my HP touchpad. Flash has also worked great 90% of the time , I just checked ESPN and videos played well.

the biggest issue is the cache one, it even does it in private browsing. It doesn't do it on another forum I use tho, but precentral for sure.

(also posting from tp)
    Yeah, I realized the Max Blocker was preventing the ESPN flash videos to play. The standard Ad Blocker works but requires you watch a small ad clip before the actual sports clip.
    Yeah this stuff bugs me a lot. There is also this issue:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...oad-files.html

It's not the browser but related to the browser; basically the browser doesn't send the download manager cookies so it can't download files not supported natively by the browser if authentication is required.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ing-speed.html

going to try this at home tonight. This browsing speed is horrible.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    btw. flash plugin in webos is vulnerable and due to this many tps will get captured by script kiddies

disable flash in tp browser options !!!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post

Bugs/Issues

Drop Down Search Box: You need only try the forum search at Precentral.net to see that once you click on search, it will reveal the drop-down "Search Forums" box only to disappear once you place your cursor in the box and try to type anything.

yep. that IS pretty annoying. i hope they fix it. i was trying (and failing) to search for something tonight..finally i gave up and did it on my computer
    The OP should send his list to HP. If there's one thing they should fix before they seal the doors shut to the WebOS department it's the browser. I can deal with everything else, but the browser is what I and many others use the most and if that's not up to par then it takes away from the entire tablet experience. If you're going to shut down the tablet department, they might as well do it on a good note. You don't want people thinking negatively about HP because that affects any future purchases they may make. Happy now, buy again later.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    yep. that IS pretty annoying. i hope they fix it. i was trying (and failing) to search for something tonight..finally i gave up and did it on my computer
    Use the "Advance Search" option, works much better anyways
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    does anyone have any insight as to if HP is updating the browser? Maybe they are sitting back and waiting for the eventual purchaser of WebOS to take care of further updates.
  17. chi
    Quote Originally Posted by prefrank View Post
    Maybe it is just me but when I save a bookmark with parameters it replaces the & with & then when I use the bookmark it replaces & with & resulting in the page not displaying correctly.
    I just started having this problem now or maybe just noticed it. It's driving me crazy.
    these browser issues are horrendous. If I didn't have a nfr agreement in place, this thing would be on ebay in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    given that the single most used app for anyone using a tablet will most likely be the web browser, if HP were to focus on one thing and one thing only with its upcoming OTA updates, it should be focusing on making the web browsing experience top notch
    I do agree that the Touchpad native browser is a 2nd rate
    browser, unfortunately. However, it is still pretty useful for
    a $84 device.(price paid for my Touchpad)

Let me put on my Emily Blunt cap for a second. What
    incentive is there for HP to fix or improve the browser
    on the Touchpad? Probably less incentive than trying
    to sell fresh milk to a family that owns a Holstein cow.
    (or worse, has plans to have a sunday BBQ with the
    above-mentioned cow when she is no longer producing
    sufficient milk)
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    I only have one complaint about browsing on the TP, it is 3-4 times slower than browsing on an ipad 2. I compared the two side by side. The TP was painfully slow. When I say 3-4 times I am being very generous.
    Well I'd say the Touchpad browser is faster than the original iPad, which is an absolute sloth when browsing.

Can anyone confirm that any of these issues were addressed in the 3.0.4 update?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast