1.    #1  
    Hello,

In France, with my xDSL provider i can watch TV on my computer with ADSL TV or VLC wtih an special m3u file. (on W7)

Do you know if i could do the same with an app on my Touchpad ?

The link for VLC lan is: http://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/playlist.m3u (works only if your provider is Free)
    Here is my m3u file:

I didn't find any app for play an rtsp stream ????
    (I bought Kalemsoft media player but no success :s)

mu3 file:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:0,2 - France 2 HD
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=201&flavour=hd
    #EXTINF:0,2 - France 2
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=201&flavour=sd
    #EXTINF:0,2 - France 2 (bas débit)
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=201&flavour=ld
    #EXTINF:0,3 - France 3 HD
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=202&flavour=hd
    #EXTINF:0,3 - France 3
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=202&flavour=sd
    #EXTINF:0,3 - France 3 (bas débit)
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=202&flavour=ld
    #EXTINF:0,5 - France 5
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=203&flavour=sd
    #EXTINF:0,5 - France 5 (bas débit)
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=203&flavour=ld
    #EXTINF:0,7 - Arte HD
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=204&flavour=hd
    #EXTINF:0,7 - Arte
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=204&flavour=sd
    #EXTINF:0,7 - Arte (bas débit)
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=204&flavour=ld
    #EXTINF:0,8 - Direct 8 HD
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=372&flavour=hd
    #EXTINF:0,8 - Direct 8
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=372&flavour=sd
    #EXTINF:0,8 - Direct 8 (bas débit)
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=372&flavour=ld
    #EXTINF:0,10 - TMC
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=497&flavour=sd
    #EXTINF:0,10 - TMC (bas débit)
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=497&flavour=ld
    #EXTINF:0,11 - NT1
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=374&flavour=sd
    #EXTINF:0,11 - NT1 (bas débit)
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=374&flavour=ld
    #EXTINF:0,12 - NRJ 12 HD
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=375&flavour=hd
    #EXTINF:0,12 - NRJ 12
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=375&flavour=sd
    #EXTINF:0,12 - NRJ 12 (bas débit)
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=375&flavour=ld
    Thank you in advance
    Hi acetone802000,

I just found your topic (here and on hpwebos.com forum) because I'm trying to do the same thing (for the same ISP ).

First of all, I looked at the stream encoding, and it seems that only the low definition channels may be read (channels with url ending with "flavour=ld"):
    - video: MPEG-4 H264
    - audio: AAC
    High definition streams are in MPEG 1 or 2, that is not natively supported by the Touchpad.

EDIT: low (ld) and high (hd) definitions streams are MPEG4, only standard stream (sd) is MPEG1/2.

When I open the RTSP stream on the tablet, the video player starts, and I get an error... ("an error occured while reading the file" or something similar in english).

If I record the Freebox's stream to a file, with transcoding, it works (nothing exceptional here).
    If I read a local video with VLC, transcode it in H264+AAC, and streams it in RTSP, it works too.

So I note that:
    - the Touchpad can natively read RTSP streams,
    - the Freebox's stream are not in "the standard MP4/H264 format" for the Touchpad and need some transcoding before being played... (sad ).
    For information, the Freebox's modem streams videos with libVLC (but we can't access the software inside the box).

I would like to manage reading those streams on the Tocuhpad without using an external transcoder...
    I tried to port VLC for the Touchpad, but it's far away my developer knowledge.

If you want we can search a solution together (in french it can be easier :P).
    And if you find a solution let us know.

PS: I hope my english is not too bad...
    Last edited by grobux; 09/02/2011 at 05:24 AM.
    how did you get the touchpad to read RTSP streams? I tried RTSP streaming from VLC but was unable to get the TP to play it.
    I translate my VLC (french version), some menu items may vary.

I do it in 2 parts.

First, I create a HTML webpage, hosted on localhost or online, whatever.
    Put that code in it:
    Code:
    <a href="rtsp://192.168.0.2:5544/stream">Play my stream</a>
    Change the IP by your computer address, and port/path by the one you set later in VLC.

Then, I run VLC on my computer:
    1) in "media" menu, choose "diffuse..." (CTRL+S)
    2) choose a local file
    3) configure output stream

Source: must be already filled with your filename and path

Destination: choose "RTSP" > click add > port 5554 and access path: /stream
    NOTE: access path is important, with just "/" it won't work.

Transcoding options: active, choose preset "Video - H.264 + AAC (MP4)"

4) "diffuse" button (I do nothing in the "options" tab). VLC starts to work.

5) I open the webpage in the browser of my TP and click the link. The video player starts, and the video with it.

Make me know if you still have problems.
    For the "freebox", I managed to view the TV stream.
    Using the same steps described in my previous post, I created a new transcoding preset.
    Details in attached file.

Note: 16/9 streams are streched without more settings, because the TP's screen resolution is in 4/3.

Now, I'd like to avoid transcoding, or simplify the use of VLC on the computer (something like VOD).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks alot! I will test it out tonight, I think I had everything right but instead of creating an html file and referencing the stream I was just trying to load up rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/test in the browser. Which failed. I might has also been trying with just the "/"
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by grobux View Post
    For the "freebox", I managed to view the TV stream.
    Using the same steps described in my previous post, I created a new transcoding preset.
    Details in attached file.

Note: 16/9 streams are streched without more settings, because the TP's screen resolution is in 4/3.

Now, I'd like to avoid transcoding, or simplify the use of VLC on the computer (something like VOD).
    Great,
    Thank you very much for all your explains !

What did you used to play the stream in the Touchpad ?

Best regards
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    Thanks alot! I will test it out tonight, I think I had everything right but instead of creating an html file and referencing the stream I was just trying to load up rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/test in the browser. Which failed. I might has also been trying with just the "/"
    Glad to help! Let me know if you need more details.

Quote Originally Posted by acetone802000 View Post
    Great,
    Thank you very much for all your explains !

What did you used to play the stream in the Touchpad ?

Best regards
    I use the native TP video player, nothing more.
    Transcoding is the key, but it's not the best solution... Hope I can avoid using a computer.
  9.    #9  
    you have an PM grobux,

Thanks
    my audio seems to be out of sync with the video. Is this happening for you?
    I have some lags at startup on the TP (first only the sound, then only the video), but after 4-5 seconds all is fluent and synchronized.

But I work with Acetone802000's RTSP streams. I haven't much test transcoding from local files, perhaps VLC have some trouble transcoding your files. Have you try with different files?

I'm working on a custom HTTP interface for VLC for the Freebox modem. More info about it very soon (first automated TV stream player is working! :P).
    Perhaps you could try it as soon as I release it, and customize it for your files.

EDIT: what are the video and sound encoding of your files? I wiil look if I got a similar movie encoding and try to transcode it.
    It seems like it is the transcoding that is causing the audio to be off. I just streamed a .mp4 h264,aac video without transcoding and all looked and sounded good. just need to figure out why transcoding does that and how to fix it.
    I think that, according to the source encoding, VLC have trouble to transcode and/or stream the result.
    The power of your computer can also affect the rendering.

You can also try to set more caching for the stream.