1.    #1  
    Guys, is there an app out there that lets you connect to your PC over the internet to access files and such?

It would be awesome to be able to have the TouchPad at and about, and be able to access your home computer and or work computer from anywhere.

Is there something out there, or in development?

thanks.
    nope - just leverage you free box.net account now for file management. we all want some type of RDP solution, but nothing available.
    P/C had an article that shows you how to set up box.net as a drive on your computer which makes it really easy to transfer photos and files from your laptop to your TouchPad. Check it out:

Map box.net as a network drive on your computer | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    Guys, is there an app out there that lets you connect to your PC over the internet to access files and such?

It would be awesome to be able to have the TouchPad at and about, and be able to access your home computer and or work computer from anywhere.

thanks.
    Take a look at PogoPlug. Their primary business focus is their pogo boxes, which allow you to hook up a hard drive (or several) and access anywhere over the web, or as a P drive on any PC. Their new software allows the same functionality for files on your PC, which you can then access through a browser. You need to pay to stream video or music, but the basic app--which would allow you to access any file through your browser, which you could then use on the TP--is free (or at least was a couple weeks ago).
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I would recommend orb also.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the heads up I will check these out.
    I backup my PC with carbonite. I can use the carbonite web app on the TP through the website and download those files to my TP. I assume I could also upload the files on my PC to box.net if they aren't on Carbonite.
  9.    #9  
    With orb, can you use it to pick up excel files and look at them? or is it strictly media?
    Nobody mentioned Splashtop???

That's what you're looking for OP.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Def check out Splashtop for when your out and about but if you just wanna trasfer files locally on you LAN connection from tp to pc and vice versa check out TBtransfer its a really lite app that works really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post

thanks.
    Have you tried Splashtop Remote, it might still be on sale at 75% off (4.99). I was able to access all my files plus my external hard drive, and also sign onto my pogo account and play spades. You might want to give that a try and see if it fits the bill. Do not think you can download files stright to TP using Splashtop, but you can go PC to Box to TP.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Splashtop all the way
    splashtop!!!!!!!!
    SplashTop wasn't available when this thread was created. But yes, it's a great app!
    Splashtop FTW
  17.    #17  
    I downloaded splashtop. WOW BADASS....its perfect!

thanks guys!