1.    #1  
    I have some *.mobi non-DRM e-books. They worked fine on my actual
    Amazon Kindle 3G e-reader. (just copy to the Kindle and start reading)

However, I cannot find a way to do this easily on the Touchpad.

If I use the Kindle app on the Touchpad, the page numbers don't come up
    right, even with the copy/paste sample ebook *.azw trick)

If I use pReader app, it will load the *.mobi e-book, but then add random
    symbols all over the text.

Is there another e-reader app that will let me read my *.mobi ebooks?

Thanks!
    Try changing the encoding in pReader to something like UTF-8.
    The reason this happens is because pReader needs to be told the correct encoding to use. To change it, open the book, open pReader's menu (top left corner), select change encoding. If the book is in English, the encodings to try are UTF-8, CP-1259, or ASCII. If the book is in another language, you'll have to try to find the appropriate encoding.

So you don't have to change it for each individual book, on pReader's main screen, open the menu, select preferences, open the text display section & change the default encoding to UTF-8. Any books you have already imported need to be individually set as above, but any you import after this will be set to UTF-8.

If you have more questions or problems, the best place to go is the official thread for pReader here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...a-release.html
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    The reason this happens is because pReader needs to be told the correct encoding to use. To change it, open the book, open pReader's menu (top left corner), select change encoding. If the book is in English, the encodings to try are UTF-8, CP-1259, or ASCII. If the book is in another language, you'll have to try to find the appropriate encoding.

So you don't have to change it for each individual book, on pReader's main screen, open the menu, select preferences, open the text display section & change the default encoding to UTF-8. Any books you have already imported need to be individually set as above, but any you import after this will be set to UTF-8.

If you have more questions or problems, the best place to go is the official thread for pReader here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...a-release.html
    THank you! That made sense.... I deleted the *.mobi files, changed the font settings and
    imported the same *.mobi files again. No more weird symbols/characters!
    I have been using this software and although it still needs some work, it is a fine ereader.

Any chance of being able to adjust margins in a new update?

When do you anticipate being able to read epub drm books from public libraries?
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    I have been using this software and although it still needs some work, it is a fine ereader.

Any chance of being able to adjust margins in a new update?

When do you anticipate being able to read epub drm books from public libraries?
    Margins are coming. The developer is fixing bugs & adding features as fast as he can. You can always find the latest version in the first post here in the official thread for pReader native: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-homebrew-apps/274511-preader-native-alpha-release.html

About library books, if your library uses Adobe Digital Editions DRMed books, it's not going to happen soon, if ever, with pReader. That protection format isn't open & hasn't been reverse engineered so the developer currently has no way of writing code for it. Currently pReader supports eReader DRM - those are books that have a .pdb extension available from eReader.com, Fictionwise.com, and BN.com (if downloaded with nook for Mac or the early versions of BN Reader for PC - not nook for PC). Support for B&N ePub DRM & mobi DRM is coming as soon as the developer can. He's just started a new job at Intel, but he's still pushing updates out quickly. Follow the pReader native thread for updates & other questions.