Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Both were available & downloaded for me.
    Has anyone tried keyboard shortcuts for things such as bold, italics, center, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by jkendrick View Post
    This update is by the Quickoffice folks, not HP. BTW, has anyone had trouble saving edited docs?
    No, I have no problem with saving a doc (box.net).
    Of course there's no save as PDF feature.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Come on guys, this is a touchpad. If you want full editing etc, buy a PC/MAC.

I think it's a good effort for what is basically a short term tool - I don't intend it to replace my PC, but for going into meetings etc, it works well.

Alan
    I'd rather carry a tablet around than a notebook these days. And there's no reason why Quickoffice can't have full editing functionality though -- the iPad version of Quickoffice proves that.
    jyknyc likes this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Hopefully Picsel will come through in 45 days.
    Remember folks, QuickOffice was a freebie. My iPad didn't come with it.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Not real impressed with the performance so far.. But, happy to have it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Give them some time guys. They at least got us document editing! They could have held off on it till it was 100% done, but they decided, we had been waiting long enough. I admit, there are some features that I would like to see that arent in there, but we need to be patient. Let them work.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    netwrkr9, Dis and ebonie30000 like this.
    Glad to see the update.
    The 'word' editor is pretty snappy, when creating a new document at least. Some of my existing docs (created in Office on my Treo 800) either fail to open or show Word codes instead of formatting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I've opened and edited Word and Excel docs via box.net with no issues so far, is it fully functional, no, but I will happily take it over what I had before and also I am confident that more improvements are coming down from HP in the near future.
    How do you insert a row in the spreadsheet edit? Or delete a row or column?
    I think it's a step backward from what we could do on a Palm phone before they abandoned us.

Cut, copy, and paste using the touch screen in Word is better than not being able to do it at all. I expected to be able to do it from the keyboard.

At least they put it the menu for Excel.

I wonder how much HP had to pay for this crippled software?
    I deleted OuickOffice. How do I get it back now?

Got it. Hard reboot restored it. I guess you can't delete this little gem.
    Last edited by JimmyB7; 08/29/2011 at 04:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Using bulleted/numbered lists in new documents screws up the document layout/margins. Too bad. Otherwise great update!! I don't really need much more functionality than this.
    I just tested the update. I created a Word document on my Windows 7 PC with Office 2007. I sent it to my TouchPad. I then added to the original document using QuickOffice. Then I sent that modified document back to my Windows 7 PC. Office 2007 (Word) opened it with no problems.

Then I created a new document on the TouchPad with QuickOffice and sent it to my Windows 7 PC. I then added to the original QuickOffice document using Word 2007 and saved it without problems!

Works just fine (at least document creation and sharing using QuickOffice and MS Office)!!!
    spud101, Juize and Herk_FE like this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyB7 View Post
    I deleted OuickOffice. How do I get it back now?
    I guess your last resort would be webOS doctor.
    Being on webOS since Oct. 2009 you have no idea how releasing this feels...finally. Thank you.

And I guess with more time more features will be added. And the other office suite is coming too...so they better be quick or we'll spend the cash on them...

Thank you. What a steal this tablet has become...

If they have one or two million pieces of this device lying around it could really help the plattform...sell them all.
    Nice! Now where are the reasonably priced touchstone and keyboard? Every Wal-Mart I go to wants full price still....
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast