Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone working on an actual RDP client? I know that there's VNC, Logmein and all the other stuff, but what a lot of people need is an app that uses the Remote Desktop Protocol to connect to Windows Terminal Services for network access, not just remote control of a desktop computer.

If anyone gets one of these up and running, they would be looking at a nice chunk of change from all of the people wanting to use their TouchPad in an enterprise environment.

Aside from doc editing, which is now coming with Smart Office even if QuickOffice doesn't get their act together; this is the only other mission critical app needed by most to use this sweet device for productivity; which is what it was originally marketed for...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by mlb14; 08/29/2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Typo
    Long live webOS!
    jasok2, McCready42 and pre101 like this.
  2.    #2  
    Nobody is working on an RDP client? After QuickOffice delivered today, and Picsel promised Smart Office within the next month and a half, this is the biggest thing needed in the enterprise app toolbox.

Someone is going to make a small fortune when they get this out there, as long as it's sooner rather than later. This is one app that a $10 - $15 price tag wouldn't scare people away.
    Long live webOS!
    I think someone could get $25 for it. I'd pay that for a RDP client. I need one badly.
    Id easily pay $25 for a good RDP client
    I wouldn't but I would love to have one, and I haven't found a WORKING vnc either.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'd pay at least $15 for an RDP client, and I have three friends also in IT that would, too.
    Same here rdp client plzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by jasok2 View Post
    Id easily pay $25 for a good RDP client
    Why wouldnt anyone pay that much for a good reliable RDP? I remember paying $25 for JaaduRDP for my iPhone3g 4 years ago when iOs didnt have a lot of choices for RDP.

So many people have asked for ideas to create apps, and many people have asked, yet, for some reason developers for such talents dont see the market... thats astonishing.

I hope somebody surprises all of us and gets rich.
    I remember reading a thread about starting an app using FreeRDP as a foundation for the project.
  10.    #10  
    I have to agree that I'd be willing to pay $25+ easily for this but a lot of people who would only use it occassionally and for whom it's not critical, may not be willing to go quite so high.

For the rest of us though who NEED something like this, a higher price probably wouldn't slow us down.
    Long live webOS!
    If it could save your **** just one time it would be more then worth the price of a few beers [SF beer prices ]
    I'd pay 25+
    it's the last app I need to admin my windows servers at the office

if someone is working on one let me know...
    it just may be worth more to me and I love to test things
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    I'd pay 25+

+1 on willing to test! :-)
    Long live webOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by sidotij View Post
    I'd pay 25+

While I have never paid for an app on any device I would likely choke down just about any price that they would associate with an RDP app.... well ok maybe no more than $50.
  15.    #15  
    Let's keep this one alive and hopefully a dev with the know-how jumps onto this train.
    Long live webOS!
    There is mention of a RDP client for webOS from elusiva. Don't know the status though.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeK View Post
    There is mention of a RDP client for webOS from elusiva. Don't know the status though.
    I just emailed elusiva to try to get a dev status update on this. I had seen mention of this one before on their page from a Google search but never contacted them directly. Hopefully we'll get some good news. I'll share any response I get from them.
    Long live webOS!
  18.    #18  
    Well I heard back from Elusiva and this is what they had to say:

"We have canceled this project after HP announced they are dropping webOS devices."

That really blows. I guess it's back to hoping and praying.
    Long live webOS!
    SplashTop has announced they will be releasing soon.

I don't know if they include an RDP client or not -- have never used the app, but I'm sure someone else does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh4Sh0 View Post
    SplashTop has announced they will be releasing soon.

I don't know if they include an RDP client or not -- have never used the app, but I'm sure someone else does.
    Splashtop does not use RDP, sorry boys. It is great for remote desktop though.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast