Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes
    Hehe, I had to go take my sister off to college this week, and I forgot to post that development would be delayed by a few days

Status of the app: GUI coding is done, the visual elements are done and the random bugs are eliminated. Now I'm working on the worker code to handle the database of connections, the save button, the new connection (clear) button, and the swipe-to-delete a connection code.

Unfortunately, webOS isn't very well documented. The code is given as example applications in a "here you go, learn from this" fashion, which is kind of hard to learn from.

Example: I want to iterate through every control in a group. How would I do that? Apparently it's not as easy as you'd think it is with straight HTML/JSJSJS.
    (Don't worry, I'm not stuck on that, it's just an example)

As soon as I finish all the GUI/worker thread code, I'll make my own thread and post my source thus far. I intend on making this app a free application, since the actual rdesktop/Xsdl apps are free and open source too. I plan on it being a gift to the community

Also-- I've been looking into writing a windows8-style exhibition mode app... Would be pretty neat. I'll have some mockups to show soon. That app for sure would be an awesome thing to have for those of us with Touchstone chargers.

Thanks!
    mlb14 likes this.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecubed View Post
    I intend on making this app a free application, since the actual rdesktop/Xsdl apps are free and open source too. I plan on it being a gift to the community
    Have you thought about setting up a donation button?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    mlb14 likes this.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Have you thought about setting up a donation button?
    I was thinking the exact same thing. It hadn't even crossed my mind that this would be a free app; but if that is indeed the case, then I'm sure atleast a few of us would like to give you atleast a little something as a huge thank you.

And just to make sure that I don't miss it, could you send me a PM or reply here when you start that new thread?
    Long live webOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by mlb14 View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. It hadn't even crossed my mind that this would be a free app; but if that is indeed the case, then I'm sure atleast a few of us would like to give you atleast a little something as a huge thank you.

And just to make sure that I don't miss it, could you send me a PM or reply here when you start that new thread?
    Yep, there'll be a donation button, but I'm not going to be directly selling the app. I want to spread the goodness

Also, I'll be sure to post here when the new thread is opened. Someone in the other remote desktop thread actually packaged rdesktop+chroot, so that's (more than) half of the problem solved.

Now I just gotta sit down and make it happen.
    FYI, here's the link to the other RDP thread. The easiest approach (which is the one I've taken) is to hook into Xwindows on the touchpad. That way you can just use native Linux apps built for ARM. Anyone going the route of making a native WebOS app is going to have a LOT of work ahead of them doing the UI front end and stuff.

I'll try to figure out how to package this stuff up better this week. Maybe make it an .ipk or see if I can figure out how to hook things into Xecutah.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...uchpad-12.html

--Chris
  6.    #46  
    Awesome work guys!

Let the iSheep have their Crapple products, we'll have something that works even better
    Long live webOS!
    Just working out some implementation issues with my storage database for the connections, then it's on to the whole "launch a program from javascript" phase. (aka Integration with Xserver and rdesktop).

Then the next issue will be packaging. Not sure if I should just include a whole chroot with my own Xserver and rdesktop version, or if I should rely on optware and Xecutah's Xserver packages... any opinions?
    I just posted the new thread with a preview version:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-gui-done.html

Thanks!
    BTW: There is a native RDP application in the app store. Just search for "RDP" its "Remote Desktop Client" by syllogithm.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    with with syllogithm i have double click problems (even @ slowest double click rate in windows) and right click on trashcan to empty it is also nearly impossible.

but of course ... better than nothing
    the next version is going to tweak the double click timing by shortening the timestamp of clicks that are close together. It should fix the double click issues, which are caused by the speed differences between clicking a mouse and the ease of tapping the screen quickly.

The the best bet for right clicking is to just place a finger on a blank area of the desktop, a title bar, etc, and then click with another finger. It takes a little getting used to. I'm Considering adding a relative mouse mode, for people having issues with the direct input methods.
    Console support would be welcomed, please.
    hehe, I've been using terminal services for years and I didn't know about console mode. Doesn't look to bad to add. I will put it on the short list...
    Awesome...thanks.

You can ONLY see system messages, be it from the OS, or any of the installed apps or services, through a console RDP session.

As time went along MS dramatically toned down these messages...however, installed apps and services still need to be monitored for these types of messages.
    The version (0.2.8) under review at hp has a /0 option for console mode.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123