Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #21  
    Well I just got confirmation from Wyse that there's no plans currently to port over PocketCloud. It looks like it's going to fall on the community to develope a working RDP client.

I really really really hope someone is willing to take on this project. They'd be viewed as a hero by a large number of people
    Long live webOS!
    I don't think anyone had delusions that after the many mistakes HP has made anyone but the webOS community would be stuck to do this.

P.S.
    There are 196 RDP such apps for Android.
  3.    #23  
    Ok, maybe it's time for a change in wording.

Are there any Devs who have considered taking on the project of developing an RDP client or porting an RDP client to the TouchPad?
    Long live webOS!
  4.    #24  
    Does anyone have an update on whether anyone is developing a TouchPad RDP client?
    Long live webOS!
    BUMP
    Quote Originally Posted by jasok2 View Post
    BUMP
    A bump after like 20 minutes? Really? You must really want an RDP client! So do I.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    It would be expensive, but I could set up a Citrix XenApp server and publish RDP. Here's the rub: 1) we'd need 40 of us, all willing to pay $25 2) it would only get us access to public IPs 3) not sure how many of us could be on at once. 20? 40? probably not an issue.
    Last edited by sophware; 09/12/2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: not per-year
    I too would consider paying for a native RDP client!
    I'm working on a hybrid RDP client that also supports VNC by way of Xserver and Rdesktop or xvnc.

Right now I'm working on the UI for launching the actual binaries (which I will recompile to be native for webOS, rather than requiring the ubuntu chroot)

Here's what it looks like now on my desktop:

I'm excited to see how this project goes, as it's my first webOS app-- and I can say I sincerely like webOS better than Android from a developer's side of things.

Anyway, let me know what you think, or if you've got suggestions I'm open to 'em!
    Thanks!
    miljbee, mlb14, Mordac and 9 others like this.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by thecubed View Post
    I'm working on a hybrid RDP client that also supports VNC by way of Xserver and Rdesktop or xvnc.

Right now I'm working on the UI for launching the actual binaries (which I will recompile to be native for webOS, rather than requiring the ubuntu chroot)

Here's what it looks like now on my desktop (Image cut out)

I'm excited to see how this project goes, as it's my first webOS app-- and I can say I sincerely like webOS better than Android from a developer's side of things.

Anyway, let me know what you think, or if you've got suggestions I'm open to 'em!
    Thanks!
    If you can get this thing to do native RDP connections, then you've just bought yourself a fan for life!

I like the UI so far, really clean and organized.

If you need ANY help with testing when you get that far, please let me know. I have access to Server 2K3, 2K8 and 2K8 R2 Terminal Servers in a few different network environments so I can really put it through it's paces
    Long live webOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by mlb14 View Post
    If you can get this thing to do native RDP connections, then you've just bought yourself a fan for life!

I like the UI so far, really clean and organized.

If you need ANY help with testing when you get that far, please let me know. I have access to Server 2K3, 2K8 and 2K8 R2 Terminal Servers in a few different network environments so I can really put it through it's paces
    Yep, it'll do native RDP/VNC connections. This is just a frontend for a combo of commandline-based applications.
    Right now it is possible to make RDP connections without this frontend (Xserver, Xterm, and optware chroot + rdesktop binary) but it's not very easy to do on the fly.

After this app is done, I also plan on making a ssh client and a _real_ webOS terminal application that doesn't require Xserver.

Later today I'll be finishing up the UI. I'll post back here with screenshots and a link to my release thread (I don't like making release threads until I've got something to release haha)

Thanks y'all for the kind words!
    It would be great to also have TS Gateway support with RDP. I really liked iTap on the iPad, connects right into our TS Gateway server with one click, it's very slick. I've asked iTap if they would develop the app for Webos but they told me they won't. I think a lot of these companies only making apps for iPad and Android will be kicking themselves in the A.$s in a few months.

Here's what it looks like now on my desktop:

Thanks!
    This is a nice clean-looking interface and I can already tell by the options/selections you are showing that this will be my go-to app! The ability to save multiple connections and use RDP OR VNC is the real awesome sauce for me.

Subscribed for damn sure!
    cmcrae1 likes this.
    Must have rdp!
    now I'm working on the UI for launching the actual binaries (which I will recompile to be native for webOS, rather than requiring the ubuntu chroot)

Thanks!
    Great going, keep it up!
    this looks promising... Waiting patiently
    Man I hope this gets finished - looks really nice and clean!

In the meantime where did you get the rdesktop cli binary from?
  18.    #38  
    @ Thecubed, I was just wondering if you've been able to make any progress on the RDP app?

Not being impatient by any means, just curious and really excited about this
    Long live webOS!
    I will pay $25 for your rdp/vnc app. Thanks

I know the underlying is open source, with rdesktop etc, but that is fine with you, you are doing your own work for GUI and working to make it work on webOS native, that alone is worth paying!
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    I hope android gets ported soon or we get a RDP app. The price would have to be cheap though because most would just wait for the android rom.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast