1.    #1  
    basically I'm having trouble finding the app. When searching through the app catalog it doesn't find it at all....when I follow a link to it it tells me I need to install the system update before. I'm running 3.0.2....is there another update I'm not seeing?
    check for a catalog update under settings/software manager
  3.    #3  
    doesn't show any updates to the catalog...and if I remember correctly it downloaded an update to the catalog a couple days ago. Is it possible the 3.0.2 update didn't install correctly or something?
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    It's there. I just searched for "camera" and it popped up as the first result.

Not sure why the App Catalog isn't cooperating for you. But it's having a heck of a time installing some apps recently, so who knows.
    War Eagle!
    I had that problem too so I closed out the app completely then reopened it and it found it.
    1. On your TP, open the HP blog The Official HP Palm Blog: 6-Pack sells out

2. Scroll to the Camera for TouchPad item.

3. Tap and hold on the promo key (qnauu98845swgrt)

4. Click the Camera for TouchPad link.

5. When the HP App Catalog opens, click the Buy icon on the top right.

6. On the pop up menu, select to use a promo code

7. Tap and hold then paste the promo key.

8. Click Use Promo

9. Enjoy.
    I have the same problem as the OP - I have no pending updates, but I can't find this app no matter how I search or what catagory I look it

The steps cschaaf posted above don't seem to work for me. When I tap and hold on the code, it just wants me to COPY it and the app catalog never opens.

Very odd, but I see I am not the only one with the problem
    That sounds right up till that point, kenny1773.

Step 3 is so that you will have the promo code saved in your clipboard, so just hit copy.

Then, to the left of that just tap on the underlined link. (or if you tap and hold on the link, it should give you the options - Open in New Card, Sahre Link, or Copy URL - go ahead and choose Open in New Card.)

Let me know if that helps.
    I am having the same issue mentioned: I have never been able to find Camera for Touchpad listed in the App Catalog. It simply doesn't show.

Quote Originally Posted by cschaaf View Post
    1. On your TP, open the HP blog The Official HP Palm Blog: 6-Pack sells out

2. Scroll to the Camera for TouchPad item.

3. Tap and hold on the promo key (qnauu98845swgrt)

4. Click the Camera for TouchPad link.

5. When the HP App Catalog opens
    The App Catalog doesn't open ... the link goes to a webpage.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    I am having the same issue mentioned: I have never been able to find Camera for Touchpad listed in the App Catalog. It simply doesn't show.

The App Catalog doesn't open ... the link goes to a webpage.
    my wife's TP is doing the same thing, it goes to webpage instead of the app catalog, my TP goes straight to the app catalog. The only thing I can think that is different is that hers hasn't been updated yet, I'm doing that now to see if it works but have to charge the battery first.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    god those promo codes went fast. Just got home from work and already expired. Doah
    Quote Originally Posted by Bockscar View Post
    my wife's TP is doing the same thing, it goes to webpage instead of the app catalog, my TP goes straight to the app catalog. The only thing I can think that is different is that hers hasn't been updated yet, I'm doing that now to see if it works but have to charge the battery first.
    after doing the update it now goes to the market instead of the webpage, and now the camera for touchpad shows up.
    Yes, I had to webOS Doctor to the latest version. It simply would *not* complete the update OTA. After doing so, it found the app. (Apps, really. I also wasn't getting the Quickoffice and Adobe Reader updates.)
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

14.    #14  
    I guess I'll try the webOS doctor method and hope that works
    I think I figured out the problem. When I first started my touchpad for the very first time, I updated it to WebOS 3.0.2 OTA and it was successful.

This was really 3.0.2.62 and was all I had available to me with the OTA update process.

I checked several times over several days and had no pending updates (the apps store, adobe, quick office, etc all other updates downloaded and installed no problem, so now I had oone pending)

Last night a new update popped up on my system, it ended up being 3.0.2.68 and after installing that update, I seem to be able to get to the apps store and see this app.

It just sucks for me that I couldn't do this while the promo codes were active. I am sure the HP systems are swamped with new TP users
    My guess is that this is the release that actually identified the device as a TouchPad. Before that the app store thinks it a phone so it doesn't show any TouchPad apps. I didn't see any of them. Now, I do!
    I'm still having this issue....in fact, search for MANY apps seems to bring to luck. I can open the App Store. I can make purchases....but when I search for things (camera and Splashtop remote) specifically, they simply can't be found. Catalog claims it's up to date and no updates are available......any suggestions? I did a successful OTA update when I got my Touchpad......