Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By gharlas
  • 1 Post By Rockbeast
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Don't know if anyone posted or not, but Picsel confirmed this morning that they ARE going to release for webOs!

Here's the link from my machine;
    Picsel webOS Developments
    rot, Presmurf and Rockbeast like this.
    I got the same email, and it said it would be out within the next 45 days.
    All for One and One for All!
    Nice. That was a cool demo.
    You beat me to it lol.

This is fantastic news. The only downside is the "within 45 days" part. I can live with that but another month and a half possibly is slightly disappointing.
    Long live webOS!
    when are we ever gonna get an announcement in webosland that something is available NOW, go download it NOW.
    It seems we're all being taught a lesson in patience but I wish the lesson was over already :-)
    Great. I'll pay them rather than use Quick Office that deserted us before.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlb14 View Post
    You beat me to it lol.

This is fantastic news. The only downside is the "within 45 days" part. I can live with that but another month and a half possibly is slightly disappointing.
    Hopefully saying within means they are finished are nearly finished and just doing some testing before submitting to HP.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Great. I'll pay them rather than use Quick Office that deserted us before.
    how has QO deserted us?
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    how has QO deserted us?
    Yeah I would like to know how as well? Maybe the poster is getting confused with Dataviz, a company that was a launch partner with Palm and never followed through with doc edition on the Pre/Pixi and then got purchased by RIM.

QO has not broke any promises and according to Kerris, I believe, it should have an update in a few days that will bring editing for documents and spreadsheets.
    I am, therefore I think
    I already saw the picsel suite for WebOS.. it is really cool. This make me remember when I still using old palm OS which Picsel already have nice UI.
    QO update has dropped, so we can stop talking about that....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    the abysmal Quick Office does not, nor could I find rtf files as being supported by Picsel
    I have yet to find a rtf viewer, much less an rtf editor for WebOs
    I always thought this was going to be a standard text format
    guess I was wrong
    LOL, I never use or come across RTF files that I can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    LOL, I never use or come across RTF files that I can think of.
    sort of forced to as my work required using Windows
    WorkPad has been around since Win95 & I thought rtf files were the simplest that allowed for most editing I needed for my work
    the latest version of Quick Office seems to handle rtf files, though I uploaded them from Google Documents
    so far I am delighted with Quick Office, though I have not really put it through much testing
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    sort of forced to as my work required using Windows
    WorkPad has been around since Win95 & I thought rtf files were the simplest that allowed for most editing I needed for my work
    the latest version of Quick Office seems to handle rtf files, though I uploaded them from Google Documents
    so far I am delighted with Quick Office, though I have not really put it through much testing
    Thankfully (okay not really thankfully) my job is MS Office 2003 and newer. And Adobe X Pro.
    "the abysmal Quick Office does not" to "so far I am delighted with Quick Office" what changed your mind?
    Hey, that's great for the 99% of us (I voted yes too!) who want Picsel on our TPs (if I can get one!) and our Pre's...but what about the 1% that voted no? I think Picsel should send each of them (or that one person) a pencil and a pad of paper...I recommend a No.2 pencil and a pad with a Picsel watermark on it!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Hey, that's great for the 99% of us (I voted yes too!) who want Picsel on our TPs (if I can get one!) and our Pre's...but what about the 1% that voted no? I think Picsel should send each of them (or that one person) a pencil and a pad of paper...I recommend a No.2 pencil and a pad with a Picsel watermark on it!
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    "the abysmal Quick Office does not" to "so far I am delighted with Quick Office" what changed your mind?
    I am guessing yesterdays update that added editing, and possibly other bug fixes.