Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree24Likes
    Were these even available outside the States this time?
    Great job HP .. :/
    people always complain - this isn't even a damned if you do situation because there is nothing saying HP has to give away free apps -- they are doing it i woiuld assume to get people talking about webOS and it is working -- they are doing it right to by paying the DEVs for the apps they are giving away. So the amount is limited -- this is life -- if you are lucky and in the right spot you will get the freebies if not you will talk about it --

NICE JOB HP
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solema View Post
    More half-assing by HP. They sell 300,000 HP's in a week and put up app specials with 7,000-use codes. And they should permanently subsidize Angry birds Rio to make it free since Rovio isn't updating it.

I say we email Rovio requesting updates. With the large increase in user base for the TP, plus the HP app giveaways, I don't see how it wouldn't entice them.

They said that they were dropping support for Pres and Pixis.
    Power was out for 2 days (pesky hurricane). If a few free apps are all I lost in the storm I guess I'm lucky (sigh).
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Gone already!! I'm really upset. 2 hours and then gone - come on HP, this is nuts.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    silly question ,i guess i missed these.but iam a newb to webos and to be sure for next time , how d i exactly take advantage of this? I open the market but do not see n area for promo codes and when i cick purchase i am prompted to enter my credit card info.

Thanx
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGMERF View Post
    silly question ,i guess i missed these.but iam a newb to webos and to be sure for next time , how d i exactly take advantage of this? I open the market but do not see n area for promo codes and when i cick purchase i am prompted to enter my credit card info.

Thanx
    you have to enter your cc info and then when you go to buy it, you'll get a chance to enter the code
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyscanr View Post
    you have to enter your cc info and then when you go to buy it, you'll get a chance to enter the code
    thanks man... wow hopefully they will have these for more than 5 minutes next time..they know there is alot of new users and people have lives, goodness.. is there a twitter account i can watch to be notified when these become available again? thanx

by the way none of these are still available correct?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    UK and canada has some codes now

The Official HP Palm Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    UK VPN... not just for BBC iPlayer anymore.
    huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    UK VPN means the HP App Catalog see your UK IP address....
    (assuming that's how the decide if you're country-eligible
    for those new codes)

I can't try it because I already got those apps for free.
    Eligibility of codes has no connection with IP addresses. It is totally and irrevocably linked to the 'App catalog' linked to your profile on the phone/touchpad. In other words, if you have access to the UK app catalog, then only promo codes specific to the UK app catalog will work. What country you are physically in, is irrelevant.

I personally am in India, with my profile linked to the US app catalog. Thus all US promo codes work fine or me. The only thing that is linked to the IP address is accesibility to Movie catalog in the 'Movie store' and for other country specific services such as Hulu etc.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567