Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I was wondering something and hoped someone out there could easily answer it. *Are there differences between what Preware and what webOSQI have available?

I have been using PreWare on my Pre for a long time now and love it. *Now I got a TP and was installing it there. *That's when I realized I hadn't looked at my Pre's QI in forever. *Now I wonder if I have been missing out on stuff because I've been too lazy to connect to the PC. *If no one knows off hand, I will compare the 2, but it will have to wait for me to have time.

Thanks.
    They use the same open standard homebrew framework, so both pretty well have the same.

Though, naturally, as WOSQI is done from your computer, it has the additional features of sending/receiving files and linux commandline (though the latter can be obtained on-device with an app too).

Though realistically, the 2 aren't meant to be competitors. One is a computer desktop program and one is an on-device program. The only pros and cons that each have are related to their platform/delivery, not functionality.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Thank you.
    ...so in that respect it makes no difference if i use preware or wosqi to reinstall the patches and kernels?

if so then it is much more convenient to use wosqi to "mass-reinstall" everything than do it one thing at a time in preware.
    ...so in that respect it makes no difference if i use preware or wosqi to reinstall the patches and kernels?

if so then it is much more convenient to use wosqi to "mass-reinstall" everything than do it one thing at a time in preware.