Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    worked for me
    Even on the Touchpad?
    EDIT: And let you purchase?
    Awesome! It worked! I got it, now if you can patch the app to display full screen on the Touchpad we will be all set.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Great stuff Racingfreak92. I included your Patch into the List of avalible Touchpad HD Patches -> http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3055353

Please notify me if you do any changes so that I can update the first post.

Thanks

Lars
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    So there's a slightly newer version of the Amazon MP3 store app present in the AT&T Pre3 -- it's 74.6 as opposed to the Veer's 73.0. The underlying service is the same version in both, 1.1 r7)

This is probably because the Pre3 runs 2.23, as opposed to the Veer's 2.12.

However, this 74.6 version doesn't work quite right on the Touchpad under 3.04. There's a problem with the CSS or some other issue that makes most text white on white.

I may look into combining some elements of both, but I was curious if anyone else had investigated this...
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Preliminary investigation: the big difference between the two apps is that all of the images and UI elements for the Pre3 are in a "1.5" folder. Why? Because the screen resolution of the Pre3 is 1.5x as large as the old WebOS standard. Similar to the Retina Display of the iPhone 4 and others, this change means all the raster-based graphics have to be re-done to display correctly.

As far as I can tell, the Pre3's Amazon MP3 store is Mojo, not Enyo -- despite being shipped on the Pre3. My theory is that this 1.5x scaling is what is making the Mojo emulator on the Touchpad not work quite correctly. If the Pre3 had launched successfully on ATT in the States (and in other large markets), I think that the Touchpad would probably have been updated to make Pre3 apps work. (And who knows, it may yet be.)

Or perhaps what's going on is that the Pre3's Amazon MP3 app was never tested against non-1.5x resolutions, and the CSS and other artwork target the Pre3's screen size specifically, whereas the Touchpad's Mojo emulation assumes classic Pre 1 or 2-sized screen. Because this Amazon app has always been carrier-specific (not downloadable in the store), it's possible it just wasn't put through any testing on platforms other than what it shipped with.

At any rate, I'll continue to look through the files to see if anything else is interesting. If the only difference between 73 and 74.6 is support for the Pre3's 1.5x screen, and if the Touchpad can't easily display/emulate that scenario, there may be no point in doing anything with the Pre3's version...
    NOTE:
    Members...

Posting IPK's for copy-written apps is illegal and is not tolerated in these forums. Discussing how to do something is one thing, but posting links to warez (illegal copies of software) is not allowed.

<<posts deleted>>
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    [NOTE]Members...

Posting IPK's for copy-written apps is illegal and is not tolerated in these forums. Discussing how to do something is one thing, but posting links to warez (illegal copies of software) is not allowed.[/NOTE]
    <<posts deleted>>
    I'm pretty sure Amazon wouldn't mind these guys helping them get more business.. LOL

All they did was get a freely distributed app working in a newer version of webos that would increase amazon's revenue.. have a hard time pushing that one as warez Just my 2c

In fact more than likely this will be the only way we get apps before too long... LOL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12