Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Now that you all were able to grab a Touchstone at a ridiculous price are you wondering which apps have awesome exhibition mode? Well, I am. So far I have the following, but I wish there were more.

* Facebook
    * AccuWeahter
    * Weather Dashboard HD
    * eWeather and News
    * photos and videos

how about yours?
    Last edited by TreoRock; 08/29/2011 at 01:06 AM.
    crucian4 and bainx like this.
    Glimpse!!!
    I've got Weather, RSS Feed, and Twitter running when it's sitting on my Touchstone. Info at a glance (or glmpse).
    crucian4 and bainx like this.
    I don't have a Touchstone (yet...) but I have been using LCARS-clock with great success -it is a Star-Trek esq clock and alarm that can play music files as the alarm (select sound '5' for the alarm sound to be a song you select)

Other than that i eagerly look forward to being able to get a Touchstone (don't want to over streach resources ATM), and the unveiling of new apps that will work great in exhibition mode... and just new apps and patches in general
    Tablet PC: HP 2730p [all the goodies: 2 slice batteries, slim dock, Intel X18-m 160GB, 8GB ram, ect...] | Toshiba Tecra M4 [Crucial M4 64GB SSD, 2GB ram, ect...]
    entertainment tablet: HP touchpad 32GB -sold it, it just doesn't cut the mustard-
    crucian4 likes this.
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Glimpse!!!
    I've got Weather, RSS Feed, and Twitter running when it's sitting on my Touchstone. Info at a glance (or glmpse).
    Can you set Glimpse to have a certain re-fresh rate? That would be good for apps like RSS and twitter
    I'm partial to my own app Slide RSS.
    Wallpaper Switcheroo is the one I can't do without. I've used it on my Pre- and was so happy to see it work with Exhibition.
    crucian4 likes this.
    Glimpse is too busy IMO. I think that the facebook exhibition mode is cool.
    retroblu likes this.
    With the small number of Touchpad apps available how many apps actually support exhibition mode? It seems like the list might end up all-encompasing.
    I'd like a super dim clock/alarm to serve as a nightstand clock.
    bainx likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    Can you set Glimpse to have a certain re-fresh rate? That would be good for apps like RSS and twitter
    Yes. For Twitter, Google Reader, and Stocks, the refresh frequencies are 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, and 120 minutes. For RSS, it's 15, 30, 60, 120, and 240 minutes. For weather, it's 4, 8, and 12 hours. You can select the refresh rates under "Preferences".

Glimpse also has a bunch of widgets you can chose from if you're so inclined.
    Quote Originally Posted by philliptt View Post
    this is actually my personal favorite when I sleep
    Sports Live! HD is a good one to view the scores of your favorite teams' games.
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    Glimpse is too busy IMO. I think that the facebook exhibition mode is cool.
    I have Facebook and glimpse downloaded...where is the FB widget? How do I get more widgets for glimpse
    Facebook isn't part of Glimpse. If you want to use Facebook in Exhibition Mode, then you need to 1) Enable it in the Exhibition preferences (access is through the Exhibition app in your Settings Tab - go to preferences and enable it), then 2) Set it as your Exhibition Mode view by selecting it in the top left corner menu once in Exhibition Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by philliptt View Post
    SimpleClock
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...at.simpleclock
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Now that you all were able to grab a Touchstone at a ridiculous price are you wondering which apps have awesome exhibition mode? Well, I am. So far I have the following, but I wish there were more.

* Facebook
    * AccuWeahter
    * Weather Dashboard HD
    * eWeather and News
    * photos and videos

how about yours?
    i have facebook installed on my TP and do not see the exhibition mode option. all i see is for clock and accuweather. am i missing something?
    When using Exhibition mode on the touchstone, are you able to just pick one? For example if I do photos it scrolls through the photos, but is there a way to have it do multiple ones at the same time?

If not is there a way to make it change after x amount of minutes?
    Quote Originally Posted by bxborn31 View Post
    i have facebook installed on my TP and do not see the exhibition mode option. all i see is for clock and accuweather. am i missing something?
    Go to the "Settings" tab on your launcher. Tap the "Exhibition" icon to launch Exhibition. Check "Facebook Tablet" and any other apps you want to have the choice of. Tap "Start Exhibition" at the bottom to launch Exhibition mode. Use the pull down menu at the top left of the screen to select the app you want to use for Exhibition Mode.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Matrix code stream in this thread. Uber cool, I alternate between this and Glimpse.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    love to see clock and weather combined
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast