Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    I found and love the SNES emulator but is there an NES emulator for the touchpad?
    lol....I just registered to ask for the same thing. Might as well add if there are any other emulators available for the touchpad.

great forum.
    Not that I'm aware of. sNES emulator has existed for a while for webOS devices. Don't know that any are currently in the works, either.
    NES and n64 would be make my year.
    NES.emu?

May not be available on Touchpad yet, can only check that it's available on my Pre 2.
    NESEm found in Preware. Haven't tried it though.

In the Unknown Section.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    NESEm found in Preware. Haven't tried it though.

In the Unknown Section.
    won't install through preware.. just hangs once download is finished. looks like ill have to try via doctor.
    You might have better luck with webOS Quick Install
    nope, just won't install at all. I'll pm the app author and see if we can't get an update.
    yea kalemsoft is pretty active on the board so I'm sure its in the works
    I sent em a pm, I'll post an update when I get one.
    sledge007 likes this.
    I know KalemSoft made an NES emulator for the Pre that I bought called NesEm but it's not available for Touchpad. You may want to contact them to see if they plan on bringing NesEm to the Touchpad App Store.
    I installed it via Quick Install, and because it was designed for Pre (ie. no on-screen keyboard support), you can't load a game let alone use the controls on a TouchPad. What a tease.
    I just got a reply back from KalemSoft and they said they'd be releasing NesEm for Touchpad soon. :-)
    sledge007 likes this.
    Good, because the SNES emulator that is in the HP app store is horrible. If they could get some decent controls that were actually tailored for the touchpad it would not be so bad. All the skins they have are designed for landscape, if they could release a portrait control skin that would be great. I want Super Metroid to work so bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    I just got a reply back from KalemSoft and they said they'd be releasing NesEm for Touchpad soon. :-)
    awesome!

ohhh I wonder if they will give us bluetooth keyboard controls.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonTouchPad View Post
    Good, because the SNES emulator that is in the HP app store is horrible. If they could get some decent controls that were actually tailored for the touchpad it would not be so bad. All the skins they have are designed for landscape, if they could release a portrait control skin that would be great. I want Super Metroid to work so bad!
    Why don't you suggest to those that were making skins what you want? They were reasonable to me when I asked for a specific skin for Zelda. Give them an idea on how you think the controls should be and see what happens. Ncinerate is one of the skin makers.
    seito likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    awesome!

ohhh I wonder if they will give us bluetooth keyboard controls.
    why stop there? Bluetooth controllers?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    why stop there? Bluetooth controllers?
    Agreed, but BT keyboard should be easy since everything is already in the OS, wouldn't take a lot of extra coding.

BT controllers would be cool as well though, I use our 360 controllers with our HTPC.

Would love BT keyboard support though since the KB usually comes with me to work, could bust it out and the folio and play on my breaks.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Here is a skin I made for the touchpad.

Just add a folder under snes names "skins" then create a new folder in "skins" with whatever you want the new skin to be names. Unzip the files there. This new skin is now selectable in the menu.
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast