Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DanPLC
  • 1 Post By mettleh3d#WN
  1.    #1  
    This thread is for input / bugs / problems / help concerning the stock music player on the TouchPad.

I'll start things off with a list of behavior problems / bugs:

- Not sorting songs correctly in album view, for some albums not all
    - Playlists synced with HP Play do not sort in alphabetical order, they sort seemingly randomly
    - No ability to re-order the list of playlists
    - No ability to re-order the list of songs in a playlist
    - No ability to add a playlist to a playlist
    - Doesn't remember where you were in a list or search after you leave a view and come back, the only way it remembers is if you were in that 'pane'
    - No way to view the currently playling playlist
    - No way to view the current 'shuffled' playlist
    - Limited sorting abilities

This is not a complete list, but it's a start. Maybe I'm spoiled by Koto player. Maybe I'll if I get angry enough in a month or two I'll decide to start a music app project. Any way this is not working for me.

Also, not 'music app' related but the HP Play syncing dupe songs is a royal pain for me as well.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I wish someone would start something on here. Either that or make android magically appear on this thing tomorrow. The Koto Media player works great however, there is no good ereader or music player yet. And I am also having the same problem as you in regards to the media player. Frustrating
    I have been pretty happy with AudiophileHD. The EQ and the ability to play flac files without gaps between songs are real pluses in my book.
    Basically look at the stock audio player on iOS and bring in everything it has.
    yeah I've had quite a few problems with the stock music player app. There's quite a few bugs. I've tried audiophile and still have it installed. But rarely use it. Too laggy for me even after overclocking. I remember seeing a post that 'music player remix' is in the works. Lets hope it comes out soon. I miss MPR on my pre-
    Almost all the lag issues for Audiophile have been worked out, and will be pushed out for Pro this week and donate next week. Also added favorites, and a bunch of other new features. If you were put off by the earlier builds, I would give Audiophile a second look starting next week.

Even though I am the developer, up until this week I wasn't using it as my main player because of the issues, but it is finally better than stock. So just be patient. There is an intermediate version of free pending for review, and as soon as that is approved the lag free version will be pushed.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailzy_Baby View Post
    I remember seeing a post that 'music player remix' is in the works. Lets hope it comes out soon. I miss MPR on my pre-
    If you still own your Pre- with MPR installed you can extract MPR from it and re-package and install it on your TP. There are a few issues with some of the advanced features but basic music player works great. I posted instruction here: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post3084694
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    We also need to included the video player in this discussion. It's horrible.
    Music Player (Remix) is coming to the TouchPad. I'm working on converting the phone version to run fullscreen on the TouchPad. Here are some screenshots I posted: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post3113148

To keep up with the progress of the app, you can follow the thread linked above or my Twitter account (@Hedami). I'm excited about releasing Music Player (Remix) on the TouchPad because it's going to be infinitely better than the barebones stock music app.

Oh and here is all the things Remix does better than the stock player (in regards to the issues listed in the first post of this thread):

- Not sorting songs correctly in album view, for some albums not all
    Songs are always sorted in disc/track order.

- Playlists synced with HP Play do not sort in alphabetical order, they sort seemingly randomly
    Synced playlists can be sorted in either original sort order or alphabetical order (with an alphabet selector).

- No ability to re-order the list of playlists
    Flylists can be re-ordered

- No ability to re-order the list of songs in a playlist
    - No ability to add a playlist to a playlist
    You can re-order items in a flylist. And you can add not only songs, but albums, artists, genres, or synced playlists to a flylist.

- No way to view the currently playling playlist
    - No way to view the current 'shuffled' playlist
    You can view the current playlist playlist (list view or playlist preview swiping) and easily re-order them or queue items to play next in the playlist.

Plus all the other enhancements: lyrics, album art downloading, enhanced searching, twitter/facebook posting, twitter/facebook discovery with youtube video links, wallpaper customization, customizable swipe gestures, autolists, multi-module configurable mini-player in the notification area (and optionally run it completely from the notificaiton area without a card), and much, much more!
    Last edited by DanPLC; 08/30/2011 at 09:39 AM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Music Player (Remix) is coming to the TouchPad. I'm working on converting the phone version to run fullscreen on the TouchPad. Here are some screenshots I posted: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post3113148

To keep up with the progress of the app, you can follow the thread linked above or my Twitter account (@Hedami). I'm excited about releasing Music Player (Remix) on the TouchPad because it's going to be infinitely better than the barebones stock music app.
    Looks great, infinitely better than the stock player.
    Since the review team is taking forever to get our versions through, and because their automated screening too is all messed up anyway, here is the latest version of Audiophile. I added the ability to pick between adding albums by album order or alphabetical. It also includes many of the performance tweaks so lag is pretty minor except for the occasional pause when garbage collection kicks in (being worked on for the next version). Added a whole bunch of other new features like last played list and frequently played list, Save WebOS tribute, favorites, etc... It also scans the directory the music is in and pulls any images that are there.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8094086/com...._0.1.9_all.ipk
    Last edited by nyuepik; 08/30/2011 at 09:50 PM.
  12.    #12  
    ATTN: Embed downloaded iTunes artwork INTO your files

confirmed working, by myself

https://sonos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/s...hp?p_faqid=688

say thank you
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Visualizations. I know its a cheap trick, but if I've got music playing while I'm working I wouldn't mind something cool to look at.
    Dis likes this.
  14.    #14  
    I have a dropbox music player which has visualizations.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, since it links to a competing website. But, I will make a thread about it sooner or later. PM if you want the link.