Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Anybody else hoping for a nook app? I sent @nookBN a tweet asking about an app for webOS 3.x and got no reply. If anyone else is interested in getting a nook app lets flood there twitter and facebook page with requests to let them know we are interested.

Contact Info:
    NOOK (@nookBN) on Twitter
    NOOK | Facebook
    telephone: (800) 962-6177
    e-mail: customerservice@bn.com
    fax: (201) 559-6910
    Last edited by uh60james; 08/30/2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: added more contact info
    whats most interesting is the 7" tablet on the fancy hp printers has nook
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I sure would like one.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    Thats crazy. Surely B&N had one in the works for webOS if they were selling the TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I would like a Nook app as well.
    Yes! Yes! Yes! An Nook app would is a good thing... Since I'm considering selling my B/W Nook and switching over to the color Kindle app on the TP... But I have several book in the Nook format. Anyone else switching to the Kindle app from a Nook.. ?? Bottom line is if you can get a $99 dollar TP you now have a $99 dollar Kindle.... and thats a good thing.. lol
    Last edited by MrRochie; 08/28/2011 at 02:04 PM.
  7.    #7  
    I don't have a Nook but I do have some Nook books, thats why I want the app. I wouldn't mind switching to Kindle but I don't want to start over with my books if I don't have to. Perhaps if they get enough interest B&N will move forward with it.
    I have sent several tweets since the launch of the TP to no response. Hopefully we can find strength in numbers!
    it'd be nice. But I've just been purchasing ebooks from ebooks.google.com and then downloading a copy to my nook. This lets me read them from any browser inaddition to my nook. Just an fyi
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I have sent several tweets since the launch of the TP to no response. Hopefully we can find strength in numbers!
    Thats exactly what I'm hoping for, most companies are pretty good about responding to tweets even if its a load of bull.

Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    it'd be nice. But I've just been purchasing ebooks from ebooks.google.com and then downloading a copy to my nook. This lets me read them from any browser inaddition to my nook. Just an fyi
    Appreciate the heads up, I don't really want to read in my browser though. Perhaps those books will work in an app like preader though. There may be support for Nook books coming to preader in time as well.
    I'd prefer Nook support myself. Most of my eBooks purchases have been through it, as it uses the ePub format (far better than what Amazon uses) and its DRM is super simple to remove so that I can put it on any device I want.

Yeah, I can open the un-DRMed ePubs in pReader, but it would be easier to just have it sync automatically with no effort to read on my Touchpad.
    uh60james likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    I was under the impression that the 7" printer tablet actually runs android, so they just use the Native android nook app.
    i just want to be able to sideload in kindle, dammit.
    We have a Kindle and a Nook. We prefer the Nook and usually download new books to it, but since I got my TouchPad we've downloaded only from Amazon (4 books so far). If B&N get their s together I'll go back to buying from them.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I'd love to support B&N through a Nook application, I was originally planning on the Nook color until the touchpad deal came through... I doubt it would be a good sell for B&N though given the cost to develop for a new platform. A guy can dream though.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I would love Nook on the Touchpad. My wife has the Nook color but now that she has played with my Touchpad, she wants to switch. I have written to them but haven't tried Twitter or Facebook yet. Let's make this happen everyone.
  17.    #17  
    I'm going to send them another tweet, surely they will get tired of all the messages and at least tell us something. I read on another post on here (can't find it) that another company was able to port there apps from Android to webOS in 22hrs so it can't be that costly or difficult.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    The problem is developers are under the beliefs that:
    1. It would be hard to convert and maintain their apps.
    2. There is not a large market for webOS apps.
    Until this changes most existing webOS developers and potential new ones are afraid to touch it.
    What I do is admittedly a bit obnoxious, but I follow them on Twitter, and whenever they tweet about a new book or special I reply with "I would love to purchase if I could read it on my @HP #TouchPad' or something along those lines.
    uh60james likes this.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    What I do is admittedly a bit obnoxious, but I follow them on Twitter, and whenever they tweet about a new book or special I reply with "I would love to purchase if I could read it on my @HP #TouchPad' or something along those lines.
    That is awesome! There decision to not reply to us does call for drastic actions!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast