Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 65fastback
  1.    #1  
    seems like there's no good way to keep track anymore.

how many phone apps and touchstone apps are there now? Last I read was close to a pitiful 6000 apps for phones and a decent 300 apps for tablets.

any updates?
    more or less 600 apps
    lol @ "pitiful 6000 apps"
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    xandros9 likes this.
    how many flashlight, fart apps does webOS need?
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    people think that app counts are like horsepower or miles per gallon and you need a TON more and a TON more is definitely better.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Maybe the question should be, how many truly worth wild apps are there now? Then how many of the same type are available for apple and android? In the end sure, the count will be higher for Apple and Android yet I would bet the count will be close for all three.

Conclusion. WebOS has most of the important apps that are NEEDED.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  7.    #7  
    Again back my original question... I am not debating quality of apps etc. I want to know solely...how many apps are there now and where can we find the total number?
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Conclusion. WebOS has most of the important apps that are NEEDED.
    I've been trying an iPod Touch recently.
    As a long time Palm user, my conclusion is that your conclusion is way off base I'm afraid.
    IOS apps are of better quality as well as quantity. I came to this conclusion while comparing back to back apps on my Pre2 and the iPod.
  9.    #10  
    I carry an iPod touch use with free mobile hot spot on my pre plus. Best of both worlds!
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    seems like there's no good way to keep track anymore.

how many phone apps and touchstone apps are there now? Last I read was close to a pitiful 6000 apps for phones and a decent 300 apps for tablets.

any updates?
    A search on the TPad app catalog for "for touchpad" pulls back 367 results. Note that this number is increasing every few days. (and "big" names such as Fidelity Mutual, amongst others.
    As of today a search for "q w e r t y u i o p l k j h g f d s a z x c v b n m" results in 4605 apps for the Touchpad UK catalog. 488 of these are "for touchpad"

edit - even better search for * or "" reveals 4897 apps.
    Last edited by hagster; 10/04/2011 at 04:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Apparently they need more, I just saw a new fart app in the catalog today.....

They must be big sellers, why else would they make them?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel